The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » From Hell by Dan Baines V5 Anniversary Edition out now!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
of the JV Naughty Vanish....
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
Been Waiting for this for quite some time.... YAY!

http://www.lebanoncircle.co.uk/From%20He......ion.html

You hand a deck of 25 Victorian portrait postcards to a spectator 5 of which show the canonical Ripper victims. You remove these 5 and place them in a pile. You then remove one further card and explain that this card shows a woman who never had the unfortunate experience of meeting Jack the Ripper. This card is then placed next to the victim pile. You ask the spectator to look at each card and decide whether that person was a Ripper victim or not and place the card on the corresponding pile. The spectator places the cards in a random fashion at their own will. Once all remaining cards have been placed the two piles are turned over. To the spectator’s horror every card in the victim pile has a blood stained back yet the cards in the other pile are clean. Has their psychic ability enabled them to determine all 15 victims without error.

How can this be possible?
The photographs are placed randomly by the spectator but the victims will always end up together in the same pile!
Completely self working!
Requires no skill to perform!
Based on a similar demonstration of psychic ability performed by
Derren Brown and James Randi

Lebanon Circle Magic is proud to present the definitive version of the macabre classic From Hell. Each deck contains 25 individually hand aged reproductions of Victorian portrait photos, blood stained, marked with the official Met Police ink stamp and wrapped in a black lace trimmed ladies mourning hankercheif. Presented in an embossed gift box with instructional DVD this revised and revamped version of the best selling classic is an item no magician should be without.
Not only this, the Mary Jane Kelly card is also gimmicked with an ultra thin neo magnet. Imagine, as the eerie candle light flickers you begin to tell your audience the story of Jack the Ripper. You mention the victims names “Elizabeth Stride, Catherine Eddowes, Annie Chapman, Mary Jane Kelly...” Then suddenly as you mention Mary’s name the card bearing the image of her mutilated body slides from the top of pack! You place it back on the pile and blame the curious incident on a draught of air, you continue with your tale. Suddenly it moves again, this time slower, more calculated it slides from the top of the pack!
This addition to From Hell will set the scene for one of scariest routines before you even perform the From Hell effect!
From Hell also comes with a free routine called ‘Ripper Force’ in which all spectators are simultaneously mysteriously drawn to one particular card which can then be made to move using the Mary Jane Kelly PK card.
Combined, From Hell proves to be one of the most graphically disturbing and atmospheric effects you can perform making the whole experience unforgettable.
I don't care how fast or slow you are.... As long as I am faster.. -J-
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Thanks for sharing the great find!
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
There is a link on the bottom of the page that takes you to a whole set including this called The Terror of Whitechapel.... Be sure to check it out too!!

-J-
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
Received this anniversary set with my Abberline's repository last month. Excellent quality.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Just ordered mine Judah Vee. Thanks for the tip!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
More then welcome. This is a wicked popular effect and was sold out for quite some time... I was bugging Dan a bit about getting this new version out.. Then I had him change my order to the Terror of Whitechapel set!!!

Yay!

Can't wait for it to arrive,

Judah
Miguel Abril
View Profile
New user
99 Posts

Profile of Miguel Abril
Received mine today. Awesome built quality. Some images are too "gore" so choose wise to who you perform this piece of art!
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Does this effect use the default out of this world routine? Or does it utilise the 'discard pile'
Judah Vee
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Judah Vee
No discard pile involved. Truly diabolical!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
This set made me realize how great magic can be...not just the effect, which is of course incredible...but the whole experience. Dan just "gets it." He understands not only how to create a wonderful effect, but how to package it, and present it in a way that really makes you feel that you are getting something special. Which in turn, empowers you to transfer that energy into your presentation. He has a love for what he's doing...which affects how we treat his magic. I love this set.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Quote:
On 2012-05-17 21:15, MagiChrisMitch wrote:
Received this anniversary set with my Abberline's repository last month. Excellent quality.

Does the repository hold every thing? When I replaced the version 3 with the 5 anniversary ed. I cannot fit every thing back in the box( It was a pretty tight fit to begin with).
chanor
View Profile
Regular user
New York City
104 Posts

Profile of chanor
How does this effect differ from White Star?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Waiting for my From Hell 5th anni set to arrive ! I have White Star & wonder the same, but I like the difference in this one for a more historic early 1800's gore presentation & WS for a less gore but still historic even though they both are death & life chosen cards.

What I do like about From Hell cards vs WS's, is the Mary PK card & the extra "Ripper's force" to add an extra something to the performance !

Also being able to combine From Hell's PK card with my Spiritus Magnus soon to arrive for a little more performance pop !!
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
I too am waiting for my set, which just shipped on the 10th - funny that you plan to incorporate this with Outlaw props. I'm kicking around the idea of meshing it with the Hobbs Hand and Box...
Have tremendous fun when your set arrives!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yep, I figure my combo will become "Spirit Magnus from Hell, 5th dimension - Resurrection of the Ripper past to present" ! LoL Start out with From Hell's routine & flow it into the Ripper trying to make contact through the SM.

I couldn't imagine what insane creations would be summoned if those 2 companies ever combined they're unnatural forces of darkness of effects upon us !!??
Seriously.......think about it..... !!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Just got home to a nice surprise package waiting on my door step !! These are B E A U T I F U L !!!1 From the box it comes in all the way to the post cards/pics that are just awesome ! I have seen a few sets of the earlier versions 3 & 4 and I would have to say this 5th edition blows them completely away !!
Definitely worth the price & I actually like this operating version to WS's. Both Operating systems work best for each of themselves though.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
The off yellow box has arrived. These cards, no make that plaques are incredible. wrapped in a black laced edge mourning handkerchief, tied with black ribbon.
This prop set is absolutely unreal. Actually ****ing over the top.
Dan Baines - Thank you...
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Ain't quality grand?
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Absolutely - So lucky!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » From Hell by Dan Baines V5 Anniversary Edition out now!! (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL