The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic catalog collectors ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Sparx
View Profile
Inner circle
Far Out, Texas
1144 Posts

Profile of Jim Sparx
I love old catalogs and I'm always looking for more. Since I can't afford to collect apparatus, I do the next best thing, look at old catalogs from the past. My first catalogs when I was a kid in the 40s was Johnson Smith, Douglas Magicland, and Kanter's. I found those in the ads in back of Popular Mechanics. This was in the days when tricks were a dollar and the ones with the pretty boxes was less than $10.
Anyone else here have catalogs they would like to sell or trade? I'm looking for a Hank Lee #11 and 12, and anything earlier than #8. I have two #8s and would like to sell or trade one for something I don't have in catalogs. I have all of Abbott's but I'm missing a few early Tannens. I even like non-English catalogs if they have lots of pictures. Oh, I like big fat catalogs,the kind you can spend a rainy afternoon in bed with, or get so engrossed you ignore your wife with. The wife doesn't like it when I ignore her, he, he.
I'm even thinking about writing a how to for wanna be catalog collectors in this forum. Interested?
Anyone?
ngmoore5146
View Profile
New user
12 Posts

Profile of ngmoore5146
I'm looking for a milson-worth. ny one would do.
My email is (ngmoore@me.com).
Get in touch with price.
George Moore
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
At one time I used to have over $2000 worth of old magic catalogues. I decided to sell most of them before I got crushed under Smile

I've kept few good one though.

The ones I would dream to owe are very early J bland catalogue and early Martinka catalogue.

My fav. catalogues is Owens.

Worlds BEST catalogue if you ask me (just like their props).
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1682 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I have Tannen’s 14, 16, 17 & 18 if anyone is interested. I also have Abbott’s 24 & 26 along with Hank Lees 10. I also have El Duck 97-99. I know I probably have a few Ownen’s and Collector’s Workshop but haven’t found them yet after several moves.

Dan.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Magic catalog collectors ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL