The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I enjoyed the show basically because it was different. I do agree the magic could've been to a higher standard. But I actually got the feeling the magic was secondary. I liked it and will watch the other shows to see how it develops. But its not in the same league as the Secret Cabaret.

And it would also be nice to see Jerry back on tv.
MopKrayz
View Profile
Elite user
423 Posts

Profile of MopKrayz
It's a good thing to have different styles of magic because one can then reach the maximum amount of audience possible. And isn't that what we all want - so that more people get interested and follow magic?

Let's face it, the cool youths of today don't find much interest in the standard tuxedo magician. That type of magic has another audience.

So hopefully we'll be seeing more episodes of Magick in the times to come.
mrfluffy
View Profile
Loyal user
250 Posts

Profile of mrfluffy
Watched yesterdays Magick and have to say I preferred it to the first episode.

The mobile phone from stomach was great!

It's just a shame the spectators on UK magic shows see an effect and just go "ooh that's good" whereas their US counterparts go mental.

Blaine did "pill from eye" on Frozen in time and the people were going mental - imagine showing the phone from stomach to them.
placebo
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of placebo
Quote:
On 2003-10-13 04:02, mrfluffy wrote:
It's just a shame the spectators on UK magic shows see an effect and just go "ooh that's good" whereas their US counterparts go mental.

It's just "not British" to go mental, lol.
bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2579 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Jerry should get his own show simply because he told me to buy a Banachek book last week and he was right, it was great.

Scott - Re: The show (first one haven't seen others).

Well, I couldn't stand it. But anyone who can get anything put on telly deserves a standing ovation. Personally, I found it labored and I think there should have been more ideas per show.

When you are trying things out that are generally hit or miss (a good thing, because that means you're taking risks) I think you should have more of them, especially on a first run.

I would have had twice as many segments per show. I found myself 'getting' an idea and then getting bored with it. And that's not 'cos I know about magic, it's 'cos I want to watch good telly.

Another thing wrong with it - FAR too many bumpers (i.e. 3-5 second breaks between bits with custom graphics) I know you forked out for them and wanted to use them but less is more with that stuff - it felt like you were trying to fill the show up with them a bit too much

With the Don Jolly-esque stuff I think you are onto something ie The little boy appearing, and the beggar had his moments, although for too long again imho.

The worst part for me was the guy in the hospital bed which I thought was awful. I also think the guys should work on their characterizations, even if someone plays a dreadful or hideous character they should still be endearing (think of Cartman in South Park).

So, I didn't really enjoy it and got bored, but I appreciate what you're trying to do.
Count Zapik
View Profile
Regular user
UK
183 Posts

Profile of Count Zapik
Liking the programme may not be the point, for us at least.
The interest here is in seeing a creative, new, and original approach to what we do.

These guys are trying hard, and moving in a way which should noticed. We need new ideas. This prog might kick start innovation.

Truly excellent food for thought in my book.

A magic friend of mine said he found it offensive, and was surprised when I said,
'What's wrong with being offended you ape?'

Count Zapik Smile
I feel as if I have been whisked here from another life....it may even have been my own!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Magick (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL