The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Precious darlings and their further destruction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Walmart got rid of greeters! Now our walmart has angry former greeters wandering around
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Dang, and with your sunny disposition you would have been perfect for that job! Smile
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I imagine it something like that Family Guy sketch about Dick Cheney as a Wal-Mart greeter.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Insert funny line here....

MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I am very nice! People are often shocked when they meet me.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2012-05-20 00:33, MagicSanta wrote:
Nah Ed, I am over experienced and older, tough things. The guy I smacked had it coming. Heck, I may give up dumb my resume down to barely literate and work bat Walmart.

We had someone like you working at my Walmart. He was an assistant manager. Customer mouthed off at him over something and he mouthed right back. He got fired.

Incidently, you don't have to "dumb down" your resume to end up at Walmart. Just be 48 in an obsolete field that's still looking for someone "more trainable" (i.e., younger)
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2012-05-20 01:33, critter wrote:
I imagine it something like that Family Guy sketch about Dick Cheney as a Wal-Mart greeter.

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of Walter, the Jeff Dunham character; "Welcome to Walmart! Get your *#$&# and get the *#** out!"

Apparently magicsanta believes he's really a nice guy if you get to know him. Just don't fail to live up to his high standards or he'll back slap you because you "have it coming!"
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I've been trying for a long time to get Magic Santa to come join me in the desert. The Kuwaities are fond of slapping people too.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I believe Santa. He may often be crotchety on here but I have never seen reason to think him a liar.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I had to calm down for a while (about a week or more) so I could decide how to answer or respond to your post Santa. Admitedly I was peeved. Yup that right you peeved off the normally calm Chrystal! :O) 10 years or so that we've known each other and it's the first time!

I'm passionate about my "kids" as I am about animals. I'm a Inner City Childcare worker at an Alternative school and work daily with many of the kids you spoke of. Some kids reach a crossroad and if they take the wrong path they may never return to the right one. Prison or gangs may be in their future. Mainstream schools may not know how to handle these kids or it could be that many of these kids have parents who are so heavily involved in drugs themselves they don't know how to parent. A kid going to a regular mainstream school can't show up and tell the teacher, "I spent the night searching for my crack addicted mom or my mom was murdered last week and it was her body that police reported they found in the woods last week" or my dad drank all the food money and I haven't eaten in a few days. Those are the things which I hear at my school. Those are the kinds of things some of these kids deal with that the average person may not either understand or know how to deal with. The staff at my school are so dedicated to the kids and often drive them to job interviews, social programs, the food bank, apprenticeship programs, work experience, ect..

Some at our school were bullied mercilessly for being different - either being free sprits, gay, or considered nerdy. "My" school only has 200 students whom attend either morning, afternoon or evening, the staff knows each one personally and know immediately if someone is being picked on. Mainstream schools don't have the staff or the numbers are too great to know each young person on an individual basis. Everyone at our school is accepted for who they are.

I cry each year at graduation, the stories the kids tell are stories of survival and being given second chances. They know they have been to a place where they were given a second chance and now have a place in society and a future. Yes, instead of being the ones you'll support in jail perhaps they may be working right along side of you. It's money well spent.

Home schooling is actually very tough criteria and not easy like some might think. The ministry of education has guide lines that parents have to follow in order for the kids to pass their subject material. It's through the ministry of education that the subject material is obtained and letters are given in which many home schooled students can get together with others for educational field trips. They are not totally isolated.

Schools are now more receptive that not all students can do well at mainstream schools. Preparing them for life? Not always so. Adults are usually able to handle situations better than a young person who may not have the awareness that there is other life styles or people out there besides the ones that torment them daily. There is hope and it's why it's so important to be able to show them success and acceptance elsewhere.

I could go on but I love my "kids" and would always advocate for alternative schools.
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Crytstal, you think those kids can do on line classes at home using a chat to talk to teachers?

Again the question was 'do you think soliciting students to leave school and do in on line at their own pace' is a good idea? I am questioning the solicitation not if inner city schools have issues or not. Are unmotivated kids who don't care about school or teachers going to say to themselve ' gee, I can go hang out wit my friends today....no, better to spend five hours studying'.

Since average students will stay in school it is the wimp, the reject, the stoner, and the idiot who will want to escape the four walls. I think they need to all learn how to deal wwith their world not hide from it. I kind of doubt Crystals students are better served by being told to do work at home between finding their crackhead mother and drunk father. As if the wwere on line at all. I would want those kids in school.

One more time, I am not refering to homeschool.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Precious darlings and their further destruction (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL