The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Isabella's Star by David Sena and Peter Turner (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
Akil
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of Akil
Are the astrological numbers being referred to numerology? Or is it a different concept entirely?
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
It's a completely different concept. With that said you can use both ideas together and deliver something even better.

The astrological number like Peter said is something that we've come up with and use under the guise of astrology (which is related with the routine backstory).

David
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
Here's a review of the routine: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......um=303&1

If anyone would like to buy a copy, pm me for details.

David
SubconsciousSymbols
View Profile
Loyal user
Bristol, UK
250 Posts

Profile of SubconsciousSymbols
I would just like to offer my thoughts on 'Isabella's star', if I may.

This is EXCEPTIONAL for a few reasons, let me count the ways;

*The methodology is NEW
*It is a FULL, well-structured routine
*There are many wonderful subtleties and ploys working in unison. ALL of which can be applied to other effects
*As already noted the prediction ploy alone is PERFECT. A thing of terrifying boldness. !Cliche alert! THIS ALONE IS WORTH MORE THAN £20
*It contains the most important component of ANY performance...An engaging, emotional and intriguing presentation.

I could go on but I have said enough.
If you are aware of any of Peter's other work you will know the high caliber of his thinking.
I firmly believe that if Annemann, Dunninger, Corinda et al saw what Peter is doing with a combination of tried and tested principles and evolutionary thinking they would be convinced of real mindreading and hang their hats up.

BOLD I know, but I truly feel that people are pushing this art forward to a place where the line between reality and deception starts to blur.

This is some of the thinking that is blurring the line.

Asher
'The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious'
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi Asher,

Thanks for the kind words, I am very proud of this routine. Me and David really worked hard to straighten all the kinks out, we tried several different approaches/ systems/ and we are so happy with this!

I am glad you liked it!

It can be used in a close up environment, numerology is also a very good presentational angle (the story can be shortened/ tweeked).

P.s Thank you for the kind words at the end!

Pete
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Lybrary is now also hosting this!

:)
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
The addendum "Isabella's Star Revisited" is finished and will be offered to all legitimate purchasers of the original script.

Not I only did I completely get rid of one "question" to be asked, but I also eliminated any ambiguousity at the final determination of the exact date! You're always spot on with my version.
Besides, I added an idea for a more naturally feeling semantical a*****m plus a better justification/introduction of the "astronomical number".

I will be sending this out as 'donationware', i.e. it is completely free for you but if you like my ideas and want to appreciate the work I put into the addendum you're invited to make a small donation, which will help a friend of mine who's in personal and financial distress.

To obtain your copy please send me the last word of page 9 as proof of purchase and I'll forward the script.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Great news my friend.

Now I just need to remember where I downloaded it to.......hmmmmm come on man think.

I'll be back

steve
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Steve, you've got mail.
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Isabella´s Star is a pure example of excelent routining.
Support my friends Peter and David and get this eBook. A noble cause and an incredible piece.

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1240 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Quote:
On 2012-06-01 05:32, Nicolino wrote:
The addendum "Isabella's Star Revisited" is finished and will be offered to all legitimate purchasers of the original script.

Not I only did I completely get rid of one "question" to be asked, but I also eliminated any ambiguousity at the final determination of the exact date! You're always spot on with my version.
Besides, I added an idea for a more naturally feeling semantical a*****m plus a better justification/introduction of the "astronomical number".

I will be sending this out as 'donationware', i.e. it is completely free for you but if you like my ideas and want to appreciate the work I put into the addendum you're invited to make a small donation, which will help a friend of mine who's in personal and financial distress.

To obtain your copy please send me the last word of page 9 as proof of purchase and I'll forward the script.

To be honest it sounds like your saying "don't buy david and peters version,buy mine"imo the original version is unbeatable and doesn't need to be altered

Kieran
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Kieran, thanks for your post, I would never have come up with the idea of viewing it from that point of view...

So let me be clear: what I've written isn't a new version - actually it's useless unless you own the original by Peter and David! Smile

What it is:

• It's just my take and (what looks to me) an improvement on an already brilliant effect.
  • It's free, there's nothing to "buy". (The only thing I asked for was a donation in case you like the new ideas AND want to support a close friend of mine who lost parts of her existence.)
  • And last but not least - it is completely approved by Peter. Even he loved it. Smile

I'm glad the basic version works great for you - there's no doubt it is great.

Best,
Felix
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1240 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Sorry if it sounded like I offended you,it wasnt meant to come across like that.

I do really like david and peters version,i will have to take a look at your take on the effect and then judge for myself,
All the best felix Smile

Kieran
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Sounds cool, send me a PM with your email! Smile
The Mati Envelope

Chance's Token
Nefesch
View Profile
Special user
El Salvador
612 Posts

Profile of Nefesch
I got this one
Is really good!
I was told the description before this was even released, it kept me thinking for a while cause it sounded too good and impossible.
After reading the manuscript, I have to admit that the whole thing is WAY CLEVER.

It is very practical!

The method is also very deceptive and it is a very good stage piece to perform.

I know both David and Peter and they have proven to be two very creative guys. You will not get disapointed by getting this, you will end up having a very well planned and structured mentalism piece.

Keep your eyes open cause this guys promise to bring some other good stuff!!

Nefesch
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
Isabella's Star is extremely clever, I saw Peter do it on Skype and was very impressed. I got the manuscript and was even more impressed.
Also Nicolino's addendum is very worthwhile, it fixes the only part of Isabelles Star that made me a bit uncomfortable.
I've been practicing this, and when I get better at this, I will definately be using it.
Thanks guys, good work, good thinking.
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
I don't worry about the Odd/ Even day I just fudge it Smile

Pete
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
Thanks Nefesch and Magus, glad to know you guys enjoyed it.

Like I was saying to Peter some time ago, I don't see the Odd/Even day as a disadvantage of the routine but as part of the process. It allows your participants to believe a bit more in what you're doing as it's not just "Think of a birthday, here is the birthday you're thinking of", there's a process behind it, a rationale that you have to immerse your spectator into. That's why our close-up version is so much powerful, it makes the spectator more involved throughout the routine, gives them even more personal stuff than they could ever imagine and it's more meaningful to them as well.
As everyone who Skyped with Peter when he was here saw, the "disadvantages" of the routine were invisible...specially when it's performed to a lay person, they don't know where you're going with the routine, they've never seen anything like it and you never asked them to write anything down, just to think about it. Remember that all the info it's inside their heads, where they think it's safe.
Sorry for the rambling but it's just a 2 choice answer, I think most ppl get stuck in places where they shouldn't be, be bold and just go for it.

David Sena
magus
View Profile
Special user
Huntington Beach, Ca
668 Posts

Profile of magus
David, you're right, when Peter did this for me, I didn't feel he had enogh information from a couple of innocent questions to arrive at my number.
And the addendum is clever, but as with most variations, there is a trade off. To get his, you have to give up that.
But they are both worthy of note and one solution will fit one person and someone will like the other.
It won't keep me from trying to find a "perfect" solution, which doesn't mean I will find one, but not to try is just crazy.
crappy deium-

what a lousy day to be seized

thaumometer-

a device for measuring a magical field
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Ok so is there a link to buy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Isabella's Star by David Sena and Peter Turner (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL