The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Isabella's Star by David Sena and Peter Turner (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
Deej1
View Profile
New user
25 Posts

Profile of Deej1
I absolutely love Star Sign / Birth Date effects and Isabella's Star looks terrific. I have yet to perform it as I would like to splice it with some cold reading and try it in less formal situations but if the question is as to whether or not one should purchase it - I say yes! For those that are faint of heart, I think there are plenty of ways to adapt the bolder parts - and Nicolino's handling is certainly worth a look.
Careful shopper & author of 'Magic by phone'
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Yes but where can I buy it lol
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi Deej1, here is a video of me performing it with some reading type stuff thrown in Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2zOgt4NEsc

Michael, you can get it from the lybrary!

I can't give you an exact link because of the self advertisement of products. But the search on there brings it up Smile

Hope you are well,

Pete
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Thanks just purchased it.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hope you get as much fun out of it as I do Smile

Pete
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

It fits my style from what I saw in the vid clip so I'm sure it will fit in great!
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
I really like the thinking behind this and Felix's extras are well worth looking at for free! I don't understand the post from Magus above
Quote:
...I didn't feel he had enogh information from a couple of innocent questions to arrive at my number...

Isn't this the "bold bit" or am I missing something?
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
DavidSena
View Profile
New user
71 Posts

Profile of DavidSena
Magus meant that he didn't notice that the process had taken place and was already finished just from a couple of innocent questions (basically the process behind Isabella's method)

David Sena
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1282 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Does anyone found a way to do this in Dutch?

I can proof I have the e-book!

John
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2013-04-13 11:52, Dr. Eamon wrote:
Does anyone found a way to do this in Dutch?

I can proof I have the e-book!

John

Hi John, I got your message this morning Smile I was on my phone so I couldn't reply!

If you can message me with the names of the months that would be great and I will see what I can do! x
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3992 Posts

Profile of parmenion
It works in Dutch, I don't speak this language but I tried once, just need to be drunk.
TIPS: it works like this in any language!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of Marqus
Since purchasing Peter Turner’s Penguin lecture & learning Isabella’s Star, I’m obsessed with learning & refining it so that I can actually do it.

I’ve also bought Felix’s addendum to it. I still use Peter’s method but use Felix’s idea to get the months.

Still, I just can’t do the calculations while speaking about something else to the person.
How do you train to do THAT?!!!!

I’ve decided to ask for the person’s palm as I stare intently at it. (Actually doing the calculations.)
I haven’t tried this yet but hoping it’s acceptable.
Ulises Galeano
View Profile
Regular user
Indiana
132 Posts

Profile of Ulises Galeano
Man I love this effect so much, ive had it for a while, and been using it constantly. If I was to read someones mind this is what it would look like, pure gold, one of my favorite effects.

Peter I have translated this effect to work in spanish with a friend, if you would like we can write it down and send it to you.
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
--------eXtrementalism--------......IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND.....
1282 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
I have just been reading our conversation and your tips where very helpful. Great to see how you think buddy!

And yes I think Isaballe Star can be done in any language, especially if you have Petes brains.
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Pete.. It' pure magic watching you perform Isabella's Star on the Portugal Notes and Penguin lecture. With my personal limits, I'm a little put off my the mental process needed to accomplish this little beauty. I read somewhere on here that you've recently had one of your POW moments, and streamlined the whole process in the form of Isabella's Star 2. Is this improvement something will you be releasing to the community, or is it just for you??

Cheers
Chris
Chester Sass
View Profile
Loyal user
Check out my book 120% CHESTOSTERONE
246 Posts

Profile of Chester Sass
I had the honor to see the complete thought process of Isabella's Star 2 being born in my living room! I'm sure that Peter will release it as soon as he is satisfied after road testing the new system. Looking forward....
Author of "120% Chestosterone"
NOW AVAILABLE FROM YOUR DEALER OF TRUST!

Chester
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi Chris,

I have had a lot of pm's people twisting my arm, who knows Smile

I have to say there have been some rather interesting developments, this one has several ways to get the astrological number (which are things of beauty in themselves) a completely new routine, several new star sign reveals a way to construct an Isabella's Pad (which eliminates any maths but is not needed) and an amazing principle I won't talk of right now but the possibilities are endless with this principle.

The people who I have showed it to have all said that they want a printed version of it. I dunno what to do.

Pete x
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Quote:
On 2013-09-17 07:20, Chester Sass wrote:
I had the honor to see the complete thought process of Isabella's Star 2 being born in my living room! I'm sure that Peter will release it as soon as he is satisfied after road testing the new system. Looking forward....

That's the most important part Smile

I have been using it as my go to piece! I am so happy with the way this plays out. I performing 8 shows this week for freshers (when all the students come to uni) so I will perform it lots and lots.

I will think about what I shall do with it!

Pete x
bond19
View Profile
Inner circle
Blackpool, England
1320 Posts

Profile of bond19
Sounds brilliant Pete, being able to create this masterpiece and then refining and sharpening it with real world use.

Don't blame you if you decide to keep this all to yourself. But if you do release it I know it's gonna go fast.

Good luck with them Freshers, I'm performing at Bangor Uni Freshers Ball over the weekend. If you're around that neck of the woods it would be great to meet!

Cheers
Chris
Raymond Singson
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of Raymond Singson
For those interested in seeing my thoughts on this effect and others featured in Peter's The Devil in Disguise DVD set, check out my review here.

I think that Isabella's Star is an amazing showcase of storytelling and direct mentalism. I love watching how it plays out, and I'm trying my best to incorporate it into my own work without any notes or props. For those fluent with the technique, do you have any advice for practicing? I find that it's rather difficult to rely on the mental engineering when you already know the date you're attempting to divine in practice. I have a feeling I'll be annoying my wife with, "Okay... think of another date," but if I could avoid that, I think it'll make her much happier. Ha.

Just an idea for someone who's more talented with programming... it'd be really convenient to set up and offer an Isabella's Star practice module, much the same way others have designed practice modules for memorized/stacked deck work (StackView, etc).

RS.
“The purpose of art is to lay bare the questions which have been hidden by the answers.” -- James Arthur Baldwin

raymond.singson@gmail.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Isabella's Star by David Sena and Peter Turner (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL