The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon disc for unexpanded [ (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I was thinking about buying some of those pre-fabricated discs for my unexpanded, dollar-sized [, mainly to make it a little quieter. But it looks like these discs are normally cut for an expanded [, is that correct? Do you just use scissors to cut around the circumference of the disc to make it fit? And do you see any downside to using this on the inside of a [ made for a Dean's Set (Schoolcraft). I've tried to just cut discs out of thin tape, but I don't have the patience to get it exactly right.
ralphs007
View Profile
Inner circle
1087 Posts

Profile of ralphs007
Hi
When I installed my teflon it was a little too big. Here's what I did. Center up the disk so that in laps the edges of the shell. Now push it down real good especially along the inside edge of the shell. Now take a sharp xacto blade and trace the inside edge of the shell with the tip of the knife. Make sure you're scoring the teflon. Now just peel away the extra teflon.

Final step is to say Da da or Wa la.
hth
Ralph
note *Final step is really not necessary . ;0)
"You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him".
James D. Miles
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
413 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
That's a great idea, Ralph, thank you. And on a related note, can anyone give me advice on how a shimmed teflon disc might be used? Would the shimmed teflon create enough of an attractor to ditch the [ to a magnetic holdout?
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
I would Think That it Should! But would now for sure until I tryed! That would be a good ??? To post on Todd's Blog! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Teflon disc for unexpanded [ (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL