The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Classes at The Castle (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

calott
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
5 Posts

Profile of calott
I'm a lifelong magic enthusiast who, just this year, has finally taken the leap and decided to stop being a spectator and started learning to perform. This year, for my birthday, my incredibly supportive girlfriend went above and beyond the call of duty and bought me a series of classes at The Magic Castle. I'd appreciate it if anyone would be willing to share their experiences taking these classes. What's covered in the classes? How many students typically attend? I'm sure I'll enjoy them, no matter what, but I'm looking forward to hearing more about them.

Cheers!

-Chris
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Chris:

You are in for a real treat. David Thorsen, who teaches the classes is an old and dear friend and a terrific teacher. Personally, I wouldn't try to find out too much of what is going to happen. Just take it as it comes.

Have fun and say hi to Dave for me.
Brad Burt
calott
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
5 Posts

Profile of calott
Brad:

Excellent advice. Smile

September (when classes begin) can't come soon enough.

-Chris
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
Wow, that's some Birthday Present!!!
Ray Bertrand
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1420 Posts

Profile of Ray Bertrand
Fantastic Birthday present. I have been a member of the Magic Castle for many years. I can guarantee that any training you receive from this Mecca for magicians will be worth every penny your girlfriend invested. Yes! INVESTED. This is not an expenditure.

Ray
Mentalism in Ontario.
Kent Wong
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
2458 Posts

Profile of Kent Wong
Even as a member of the Magic Castle, I'm extremely jealous. They just didn't have these kinds of opportunity when I was getting into magic. And you can't ask for a more inspiring environment in which to learn.

Kent
"Believing is Seeing"
<BR>______________________
<BR>
<BR>www.kentwongmagic.com
calott
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles, CA
5 Posts

Profile of calott
I'm incredibly excited! Does anyone know if the Castle offers continuing classes or even a mentorship program after I've taken entry-level ones? At 37 I'm a latecomer to magic, but this is absolutely something that I'm dedicated to becoming a lifelong learner of. Any advice on how / who / and where I can get additional assistance? My library is already overflowing with magic books, but I find that I tend to learn best by working with others.
adamferrucci
View Profile
Regular user
Newfield, NJ
169 Posts

Profile of adamferrucci
Local magic clubs are a good place to start. You'll meet other magicians and should be able to start a network. Something I should be doing more of Smile Here's a link to the IBM website
http://www.magician.org/portal/ibm_localrings/California
Making Birthdays Magical!
www.adamferrucci.com

www.adamsmagicstore.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Classes at The Castle (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL