The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » TIPS for ENTERTAINERS - BUSKING (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
Hi, guys if you are new in busking or still searching for some ways, how to make money, these tips can show you some way...Maybe you will find something, what can make your wishes come true Smile... Magic is the best job in the world, guys!!! Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3rrBjrVvww
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Summary:
1) Find a spot where there are a lot of people passing by.
2) Don't get a permit, just leave if asked.
3) You will get better with practice.
4) "Trust me."
5) Have a table, stand or box.
6) Entertain people
7) ... that's as far as I got, 13 minutes into the 22 minute video, so I can't give a rating.
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Zzzzzzz... huh?

Sorry, dozed off reading Jimmy Talksalot's book "To Lure with Spectacle."
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Where's the paypal account of this guy?
Nice muscle in the hand...
Mormo Zine
View Profile
Regular user
149 Posts

Profile of Mormo Zine
Thanks for that video!
Ours the magic, Ours the power!

See Mormo's Guide To Psychic Self Defense by clicking here.
Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
Mormo Zine,
your welcome Smile...Im trying to do just these small things for other magicians and entertainers and hope, thet it will help just somebody...It can be sometimes just one sentence, which can make someones life little bit better, when he change something in his mind, so thank you for your comment!!! Honestly!!!...Will do more videos about more topics, so maybe see you later there as well Smile!!!

Jakub
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Jakub
I appreciate the effort from you to do the video in English.

It sounds like you have a lot of experience with busking.

It is interesting that much of what you discussed is similar to other information presented by other busking performers who have set out to present insights into magic busking using books and dvds and even discussions here at the Café. What you have to say from your own experience and research is consistent with what others have found to be relevant also.

I was impressed that one of your points was about the importance of asking for money - and that at the end of your you-tube video that you give the viewer an opportunity to make a payment to you via pay-pal.

I would be interested to know if this method of passing the hat works for you.

Pass the hat on the internet - way to go.

Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
I'm with Mr. Latta here -- I too would like to know if busking through YouTube works or not. It would really cut through the expense and time needed to put up a website, storefront and all that other nonsense. I'm guessing the weather would also be much nicer.
solrak29
View Profile
Special user
NY Metro
936 Posts

Profile of solrak29
Great video, hits some valid points...as the author put it, "it's for beginners".

Not sure, if I picked anything ground breaking through that the more experienced
worker will already know. It's nice that he is pretty candid on the realities
of doing this work. I also like he came across attracting his first spectators
with the key.
To Find Me On The Pitch, Follow me :On Twitter
Checkout my pseudo blog : The Sidewalk Performers Forum

"I intend to live forever, or die trying" - Groucho Marx
Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
Hello gentlemans Smile...

So, to your questions: Iff passing hat through internet works - don't know, it's not my main point, just a way to show me interest in more videos of mine...Im filming them just in my own free time and specially for people, who, like me many years ago, have a dream and don't know exactly, what to do and how...I can talk just from mine experiences and Im not telling you, that everything will work for you...As well Im not talking just about the topic, that's, why some of my videos will be longer, because I jsu talk, how I think in the exact momen without a script Smile...I will still keep doing these and other videos, to share magic and visions with others, because when I did - from 5 year old dreamer, to 29 year magician, working TV shows, owning own magic agency, doing commercials and so on - EVERYBODY CAN DO IT, if they don't GIVE UP!!! I will just show them couple ways and my own experiences...If you allready now something, what I say in my videos, that's normal, but some magicians doesn't and Im doing it for them Smile...(and BTW for me it is nice way to learn how to speak and how to think in eneglish Smile)...So I hope, you understend my point Smile...

Jakub Vosáhlo
writeall
View Profile
Special user
Midland, Michigan
930 Posts

Profile of writeall
Jakub,
I'd love to see a clip of you working the street.
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day again Jakub

Your english is fine - thanks for your contribution - do you have any video of you busking?

Jakub Vosahlo
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jakub Vosahlo
Hello, Bob!!!

Have non - It was just one of many episodes in my life, when I tried to make my living by magic and not to take another job, so It heled me to don't loose my flat and my car when I had really problems with money and after I made some money in Great Britain I comed back to Czech and started to work on my magic agency again...So I wasnt there to making video of mine, I was there to survive Smile...Now, when Im busking, so its like 4 days per yer top, just for fun, when Im on holidays somwhere or sometimes when the money goes to smoe place, where needed...So have no video of mine from busking...Right now Im doing mostly corporate events and "high class" klients, so Im not busking any more, but it was great experience and for fun sometimes I still love it Smile...

Jakub Vosáhlo
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Jukub

I took some time to check out your other videos - some of these are fairly new - I see that you do the passing the hat thing via pay pal on the ones I watched.

I am enjoying seeing you develop you English language skills as you go - the symbol @ in the email address is an abrieviation for "at" - the location of the email server.

Congratulations on reaching your health goals - I would have liked to have seen a before and after shot as part of that video on weight loss for entertainers.

andini1
View Profile
New user
UK
93 Posts

Profile of andini1
Thanks Jakub,
I found your advice and encouragement very helpful.
Your enthusiasm is infectious and your tip for handing out a prop to "hold" a spectator is invaluable.
Best - Andy
Prof. Pabodie
View Profile
Veteran user
318 Posts

Profile of Prof. Pabodie
I got something from your video. More importantly, I passed the video on to my wife. She does not understand so much about my busking desires; she thinks there is no money in it. I have faith that money will come. Your video is a good way for her to understand what I am doing. Thank you!
bwarren3
View Profile
Special user
518 Posts

Profile of bwarren3
Stealing the Nike ad..."Just do it"....You would be surprised at what you learn just by doing it..
Ekuth
View Profile
Inner circle
Floating above my
1538 Posts

Profile of Ekuth
Quote:
On 2012-06-02 13:22, bwarren3 wrote:
Stealing the Nike ad..."Just do it"....You would be surprised at what you learn just by doing it..

+1
"All you need is in Fitzkee."
Eduardo
View Profile
Veteran user
312 Posts

Profile of Eduardo
Quote:
On 2012-06-02 14:20, Ekuth wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-02 13:22, bwarren3 wrote:

+1

+2
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » TIPS for ENTERTAINERS - BUSKING (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL