The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin magic? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
View Profile
1988 - 2013
The Big Brother is watching you
1095 Posts

Profile of Strange Tasting Fish Sticks
I like experimenting myself, like with my one handed multi coin muscle pass (one at a time). I'm a sucker for vanishes. I'm I'm working on an incredible vanish right now.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Bravo on the multi muscle pass. One at a time from CP? - impressive!
...to all the coins I've dropped here
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
My two favorites are also spellbound and coins across.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
John Carney has an excellent coins thru table/glass thru table.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
Thanks Bambu, glad you like that one. Got a chance just yesterday to do that one I think(?) along with my ReVisiTed, My Fly and more stuff like this while spending some special time with great friends and magicians, Mano and The Godfather Vinny, visiting NYC this Memorial Day weekend. I gotta tellya, these guys are good, really good! Smile It was like being a kid in a candy store watching them. Smile They are amazing!

Speaking of the best coin magic here, between the 3 of us at TGIF in the Times Square district we covered everything mentioned here as to the classics & more in our unique ways. Mano did a Coin Thru Table that would blow you away Doc. Smile Vinny's extensive use of the Crimp Palm should be written in a book somewhere, it's absolutely amazing right up close. We were surrounded by tourists on a great day and provided magic for bus boys, couples, families, etc. anyone that came close and they were truly amazed. Smile We took turns amazing people with coins, cards and closeup effects. And yes, these guys are as good with cards and closeup magic as they are with coins, no BS! Smile What was so amazing was how easily each of us stepped into other people's worlds and took command of the moments with our magic, leaving everyone there with oohs & ahhhs, right in the heart of NYC - La Famiglia was ROCKING the house! Smile

We must've did 50+ effects for ourselves and all the people around us, and it was very hard for folks to concentrate on their food. Smile So the best coin magic here, I don't know but I'm sure we did it and then some yesterday. What fun! Smile Oh, and I hear Spellbound mentioned here a bit as a favorite, we did it yesterday in at least 20 different flavors. Smile
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Lawrens Godon
View Profile
Inner circle
France
1108 Posts

Profile of Lawrens Godon
Wand and coins is a worker, whether you choose to add some sound effects to your magic (CF. David Williamson) and/or combining the elements to nice visual illusion...
Here's a little routine of mine using this great classic prop :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S3bwg30WWI
Mb217
View Profile
Inner circle
9530 Posts

Profile of Mb217
That was wonderful Lawrens my friend, you are quite an artist. Smile

As I said, I can do a lot of things too, but since Spellbound has been mentioned here, sometimes I just do this for people behind this simple storyline...It plays wonderfully. Sometimes "simple" is all you need for something to become a favorite or best to you. Smile

http://youtu.be/WgDHw_18KbM
*Check out my latest: Gifts From The Old Country: A Mini-Magic Book, MBs Mini-Lecture on Coin Magic, The MB Tanspo PLUS, MB's Morgan, Copper Silver INC, Double Trouble, FlySki, Crimp Change - REDUX!, and other fine magic at gumroad.com/mb217magic Smile

"Believe in YOU, and you will see the greatest magic that ever was." -Mb Smile
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
I enjoy Spellbound when incorporated in a routine like Rubinstein's Silver Lint or Roth's Wild Coin. It then becomes a surprise addition that isn't just a trick for layman to try to figure out. I'm working on having Wild Coin "at the ready" (in a coin purse) to perform at any time. If there's a coffee mug available, I'll start with it (I prefer audible coin magic), if not I'll bring out the purse and start. Wild Coin can be found in the book Expert Coin Magic and a few Roth DVDs, including a volume of NYCMS. The reason I like it, besides relatively easy handling, is that you can experiment with adding more misdirection (ala Tamariz) and your own patter.

Silver Lint is also great, but contains MANY different sleights, so it's taking a while to finesse it and perform well. Right now it's a good workout with the hope of someday performing it smoothly, convincingly.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
Don't practice too hard, as Ultimate Silver Lint is due to be released on the next European Coin Symposim DVD, and it has a couple of new convincers that really improve a routine I had been doing for over 10 years. And, it eliminates classic palming two coins at the start of the trick. Wild Coin with a coin purse can be found in several routines on the NYCMS DVD set, and the last one on volume 14 is the one I ALWAYS use, and is part of my current lecture (and in my notes as well).
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Michael, Thank you!

Please let us know when we can purchase the next DVD. I own the majority of the NYCMS DVDs, but, alas, not Volume 14! Smile

I'm sure I would like that Wild Coin routine, since you recommend it.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

Here is a performance of the Twilight Zone Wild Coin routine:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pla......KFYIYkW8
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
In magic, presentation trumps method.

Anything by Larry Jennings will get you started thinking about interesting presentations.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
^ OR Pesentation relies on Method. My experience is, let the audience believe in the full presentation. Method may play a major role, minor role or equal role. As magicians, IMO, we must thoroughly practice both Presentation and Method before publicly performing.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

In the wild coin routine I just presented, the presentation makes the routine special, otherwise its just another wild coin (the method, however, makes the routine simple to perform)
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
That Twilight Zone Wild Coin is one of my favorites! Awesome cleanup at the end!

Doug
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4675 Posts

That cleanup is actually done using a move of Lattas. I like this routine because its portable (as opposed to the old Twilight Zone routine that used a cup), and the method is easy. I also perform this with three silver and a copper coin, and use the spectators hand as a table.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
It's hard to say: there are so many friends here trying to answer and I must confess that there is always something in their magic that makes me have a good time.
So instead of trying to establish mysel as a judge in an untold competition, I wish to thank -each one for a different reason (dead or alive)- my friends Bill Palmer, Pete Biro, Marion Boykin, Alex Conradi, Dean Dill, Derek Dingle, Tim Feher, Andrew Galloway, Lawrens Godon, Eric Jones, Curtis Kam, Vinny Marini, Ken Muller, David Roth, Jonathan Townsend, Ranny Raymundo, Michael Rubinstein, David Stone,
... and some magicians that I have only seen on video but learned a great deal from like Michael Gallo, Geoff Latta, Paul Gertner (a great coin to the spectator's hand routine), Craig Petty (a fabulous coin from one spectator's hand to another spectator's hand), Rees McLintock, Kainoa Harbottle, Dai Vernon, Homer Liwag, Ben Salinas, Dan Watkins...
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
ropeadope
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
453 Posts

Profile of ropeadope
Great work Mb217. Loved the link for your transpo! Very magical & impromptu looking.

John
Nothing is better than more.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 10:49, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
That cleanup is actually done using a move of Lattas. I like this routine because its portable (as opposed to the old Twilight Zone routine that used a cup)...

Oh! I just watched the vid! That's a different version! I need to get vol 14...I've been doing the old version, using the cup.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Best coin magic? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL