The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th Century Silks-My search is over! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Lester
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland. U.K
193 Posts

Profile of Lester
Hi Fellow Magi,

After deliberating for quite some time regarding buying a set of 20th Century Silks, I decided to go to our Bob Sanders for a set.

If you are contemplating buying this effect-then hesitate no more! Go to Bob and he will supply you with a set that is unsurpassed in terms of quality, workmanship and speed of delivery etc. It is everything that I had hoped for and more! I live in Scotland and was quite prepared for at least a 2 week wait for my parcel-I was completely amazed to receive it in just five days!

Let me add this is entirely an unsolicited and personal recommendation.

Many thanks, Bob.

Best magical wishes to all.
a all,
Lester
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Lester, I agree! Bob gives you a lot of color choices too!

Regan
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Gentlemen,

Thank you! You can't do a professional show without professional props. We try hard to solve that problem. The magic still comes from you.

Bob
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just received my 20th Century Silks from Bob Sanders. Great prop and great service. These silks will probably last me until I croak.

Jim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Jim,

I hope the silks do last you a very long time but we want you around even longer! Thank you for the kind words.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Lester,

You hold the speed record for over seas delivery. Thank you! You are a real magician.

If you lived in Canada it would have taken much longer.

The 20th Century Silks I use in my "I Do Not Do Blue Material" routine get comments from other magicians that the colors are reversed from the cheaper sets sold on the Internet and in toy shops. Those always seem to be blue ends with the red center "silk" (which is not really silk). Real silk is actually very durable and has no equal for the way it uses stage lighting.

Facts are, pros can get any color combination they want. It really facilitates personalizing your show with original routines. Being creative is just part of being a real magician.

Scheme!

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
gatorjim
View Profile
New user
Fayetteville, TN
53 Posts

Profile of gatorjim
Bob Sanders,
Is there a website for your silks and silk magic effects? I tried dovelite.com but that takes me to your personal promotional website, magicbysander.com.
Thanks,
Jim
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Hello Jim.

I sent you a PM. The easiest way to get started is to send me an email so I can return information and attachments not possible on The Café.

Bob

Bob@MagicBySander.com
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Yes, there are differences.

The Pro 20th Century Silk set is not one you should expect to find in magic shops or on the Internet. It is all real China silk and uses 18” silks and colors that you can match. All silks can be shown 18” square. The gimmick is not two silks stacked and sewn together. The colors don’t show though the load silks. And, by feel, you can tell when you have the gimmick right side up so the load is not accidentally dumped. (Very common problems with cheaper made 20th Century props.)

DoveLite Silk products are not available to most magic dealers because dealers who mix good silks with low quality silks or describe mismeasured silks are excluded from selling DoveLite Silk products.

We do not import silks and silk props that I do not use in my shows. Professional Japanese magicians use DoveLite Silk for all the right reasons. Pros all over the world use them. (And even some in the USA!)

Unfortunately, today there are many products advertised as silk tricks and silk props that are not silk at all. Shop carefully!

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Bob's 20th Century Silk set is the best-made set I've ever owned or used.

Buy his set the first time, and you're all set.

Now if there were only a DoveLite Silk Fountain set..........hmmmmmm.........what an idea!!!!!

By the way Bob, did I ever tell you about my Gene Elmo Silk Fountain Set with Dove Production Finale? It's easy to "get into"....and the Dove...(or confetti....or Spring Flower , etc. load) is a nice touch.

You can never have too many great quality silks. They're the "nearly Perfect" Magic Props and will serve you well for a variety of audiences and performing situations.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I agree a DoveLite fountain would be outstanding! I LOVE my Laflin fountain...but imagine Bob would add some cool innovations to it...like producing a car or something at the end. JK of course...but Bob always seems to one-up whatever else is available!

Quit slacking, Bob...get to work!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Just got my 20th Century Silks/Walkaround Silk To Egg/I don't Do Blue Material package today from Bob Sanders. Talk about high-quality stuff! I am VERY pleased...well worth the money!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
All 20th Century Silks certainly are not equal. These are made for my show!

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
What routines are you guys using-I love 20th century silks but find it limited to a degree
unless I use it for silk to egg finale etc...any ideas appreciated........
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Brent, I'm not sure what you mean when you say that 20th century silks is "limited to a degree." Can you elaborate? I feel that the basic 20th century plot is easy for an audience to follow and the effect is very visual. I do a routine with red, white and blue silks that I then transform into an American flag. (The 20th century part of my routine was published in the August, 1989 issue of _GENII_ as "Third Millennium Silks.")

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Here is one I use for adult birthdays.

Props:
20th Century Silk with Black ends and "Happy Birthday" center

Folks we are gathered here to acknowledge a Black day in history. It is Dave's birthday. (Tie the Black silks together. Place them in a glass held by Dave.)

(Produce the Happy Birthday silk.) Long ago we would have celebrated Dave's birthday with a party and enjoyed ourselves. Today you brought in a magician to help try to vanish this Birthday. It is a noble thought from friends wishing to protect Dave's happiness. (Vanish the Happy Birthday silk.) But life is not that simple. Between the Black Days of History we have plenty to celebrate and we can enjoy ourselves Because It's Still Dave's Birthday! And we can still wish Dave a very Happy Birthday! (Pull the black silks apart and produce the Happy Birthday silk in between.)

Old folks love it.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Quote:
On 2012-11-12 22:58, Rainboguy wrote:

Now if there were only a DoveLite Silk Fountain set..........hmmmmmm.........what an idea!!!!!

That is a good idea! I have 3 of them. I had to make them myself though! LOL
Mister Mystery
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
Regan,

The Silk Fountains are easy to make at home. That way you can change the colors to match your themes too!

Take a look at some in the Rice books.

Bob
Bob Sanders

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
waterford
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of waterford
I am thinking about buying Bob Sanders Pro Twentieth Century silk set. I have always wanted to do the trick but wonder if anyone can suggest a story line or patter to give it meaning beyond the vanish and reappearance of a silk? Many thanks in advance.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Waterford,

Have a look at Bob's "I Don't Do Blue Material".
That gives the perfect reason for the vanish and reappearance of the silk.
"But there isn't a door"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » 20th Century Silks-My search is over! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL