The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keith Barry in Leicester Square , anyone going? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Parmenion: You'll need to show your password if you want to come to the best parts of Europe Smile
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1002 Posts

Profile of NFW
Parmenion: You'll need to show your password if you want to come to the best parts of Europe

Password now that would be much easier !
oxygen
View Profile
Regular user
Paris
186 Posts

Profile of oxygen
Parmenion : Neither UK nor Ireland are part of the Shengen Convention of the European Union (which eliminates border control between Countries who signed it). That's why Olympic Adam needs a passeport I guess
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
I'm sure Parmenion is aware that the UK isn't a Shengen country - but many Shengen residents are bemused that some EU countries wish to retain border controls...
ChanCanasta
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of ChanCanasta
In the spirit of Father Ted
Holy Feck,
I'd forgotten how pedantic posters on here were...

Right - I apologise for my original post.

Obviously it seems Keith Barry has played Belfast at some point in the past.
Which means, when I said it was his first time playing the UK I was wrong.

I'm not sure if he's ever had to apply for a Shengen Visa,
or how often he's had to show his passport to anyone and/or change currencies
or what sort of border control/invasive body searches he's had to endure
to do gigs.

The point was really - it seems Keith Barry is playing Leicester Square June 8/9
is anyone on here who either lives in or frequents ENGLAND or - 'mainland UK'
(I just put that in there so you could google it and point out that I seem to be excluding the Isle of Mann) going ?

Jasus wept
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
Chan, old chum, if you had done the googling yourself you would have discovered that The Isle of Mann is not part of the UK, though its natives are British. But the Christian Brothers were never all that big on such details.

Perhaps it would be easier to narrow it down to those living in the Greater London area. We won't mention that the City of London itself is actually quite tiny and what people normally perceive as London is really The City of Westminster.

Instead something useful - a link to the show: https://leicestersquaretheatre.ticketsol......1/events
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
History is far more interesting as the keith Barry's show!
Maybe someone can organise a lecture with a historian the 8/9 June in London ?
I'll be in!
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I will be heading to leicester square to see him, anyone else going?

Kieran
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Quote:
(I just put that in there so you could google it and point out that I seem to be excluding the Isle of Mann)

And the Isle of Wight (amongst others) Smile

I'm not going. Don't care for Keith Barry's live performances that I've seen in the past.
innercirclewannabe
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1597 Posts

Profile of innercirclewannabe
Quote:
On 2012-05-26 22:49, ChanCanasta wrote:
In the spirit of Father Ted
Holy Feck,
I'd forgotten how pedantic posters on here were...

Right - I apologise for my original post.

Obviously it seems Keith Barry has played Belfast at some point in the past.
Which means, when I said it was his first time playing the UK I was wrong.

I'm not sure if he's ever had to apply for a Shengen Visa,
or how often he's had to show his passport to anyone and/or change currencies
or what sort of border control/invasive body searches he's had to endure
to do gigs.

The point was really - it seems Keith Barry is playing Leicester Square June 8/9
is anyone on here who either lives in or frequents ENGLAND or - 'mainland UK'
(I just put that in there so you could google it and point out that I seem to be excluding the Isle of Mann) going ?

Jasus wept

I think you forgot your own homeland, The Scilly Isles!
BTW - Jasus is a genus of a Spiny Lobsters. How appropriate!
Tá sé ach cleas má dhéanann tú sé cuma mhaith ar cheann.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Just to confuse anyone [and Olympic Adam!] who cares about the tiny country of Ireland.
1. Many shops in the north of Ireland accept euros.
2.Many cars are marked in KM/MPH
3.BBC and RTE can be viewed everywhere on the Island of Island.

The Irish Rugby team [and soccer] are made up of players from the whole of the Island.

As for Keith Barry I always found him unconvincing with far too much swearing!
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Quote:
On 2012-05-27 12:44, Markymark wrote:
Just to confuse anyone [and Olympic Adam!] who cares about the tiny country of Ireland.

The Irish Rugby team [and soccer] are made up of players from the whole of the Island.

As for Keith Barry I always found him unconvincing with far too much swearing!

I always thought that the Irish soccer team was made up of UK and Scottish rejects.
I agree about Keith swearing too much, but that seems to be a trend among comic performers. He does a very entertaining show. Someone who can make mentalism entertaining and funny is someone who should be supported by the industry.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2012-05-27 12:44, Markymark wrote:

I can also watch French and German TV here, and I can drive on the other side of the road but it doesn't make this place france or germany!

I was in Warrenpoint at the weekend there, they take Euro and Pounds in a lot of places, I could see ROI from where I was staying and I could watch RTE on TV, it still does not change a fact! BBC was the first 2 channels and they took £ first, a fact is a fact, and NI is part of the UK! no matter who anyone is or what anyone thinks, and RTE can't be viewed on terrestrial TV where I live...

I'm not going to see Keith but if I lived closer I probably would,
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
A little bit of tolerance please! The good Friday agreement states that if I as a resident of the North of Ireland want to consider myself Irish I can! Donegal is in the North of Ireland but was not taken into the state of Northern Ireland because too many Catholics
lived there!
Tony, Keith Barry's swearing IS his comedy material!
He cancelled shows in London a few years ago due to poor ticket sales but then it must be impossible to compete on Derren Browns home
turf.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
The Good Friday Agreement also states that NI will remain as part of the UK.

Fair point about being entertaining and funny, tougher than it sounds. Have to keep reminding myself that effects aren't always made to be performed to magicians/mentalists, they have to compete with other entertainment (which seems to be comedy a lot these days)

a non mentalist (but a performer) friend of mine put it to me that there is Derren Brown, selling out shows but that there isn't anyone else as a second really (not on the same scale), compared to other forms of entertainment where you have multiple acts selling out shows each night in different cities, seems a fair point to me
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes, I have never forgotten seeing Max Maven at the Edinburgh comedy festival years ago.The amount of laughter he generated performing
was unreal!
Mesaboogie
View Profile
Special user
804 Posts

Profile of Mesaboogie
I'm wondering if the same thing has happened as last night only 20 odd seats were booked and I just went on to book today and the "purchase tickets" has been removed!?

Anyone know?

Quote:
On 2012-05-27 17:54, Markymark wrote:
A little bit of tolerance please! The good Friday agreement states that if I as a resident of the North of Ireland want to consider myself Irish I can! Donegal is in the North of Ireland but was not taken into the state of Northern Ireland because too many Catholics
lived there!
Tony, Keith Barry's swearing IS his comedy material!
He cancelled shows in London a few years ago due to poor ticket sales but then it must be impossible to compete on Derren Browns home
turf.
TheMindReader.co.uk

Everyday, in everyway, I am becoming better and better
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Just spoke to venue. Show cancelled due to sales.

A real shame but business is business.

Would have loved to see it.
COB
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of COB
Didn't he he go to the states and marketed himself as a celtic or am I totally imaging that?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
COB-

Only relevant posts count in your race to fifty posts. You joined two days ago and have been cranking out meaningless and non-substantive posts all day today. That's NOT the way to endear yourself to the other members who try to post relevant comments.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keith Barry in Leicester Square , anyone going? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL