The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keith Barry in Leicester Square , anyone going? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Great thread though.

If a young upstart insists on reviving ancient posts, it is at least a relief that he opts for the classics.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Doesn't matter. He just hit fifty, so that's probably the last we'll be hearing from him for a while.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
He's been digging up old posts all day long. When he hits 50 he will realise that no magic doors to secrets don't suddenly open.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
I joined the Café in 2004 and hit 50 posts in 2012. I had to re-register in 2012 because by the time I got round to my second post I couldn't remember my password and the email I registered with was long dead hence the _ in my name. Re-registered in January 2012, hit 50 posts in September 2012, since then I haven't shut up lol.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

But your posts have been insightful and usually helpful, unlike the one-sentence superfluous comments made in a matter of hours by those who race to fifty, hit it within a few hours, and rarely contribute anything of value after that.

This guy didn't even bother to introduce himself here or in the New Arrivals forum.

This should remind us that we have to be careful what we post, even in the "secret areas."
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Thank you for the kind words Bob. Those who race to 50 posts are quickly disappointed. I have learned huge amounts from the members of this forum, but I don't think I've learned a single "secret". Those who join here looking for a fast route to "how to" are unlikely to find what they are looking for here. The really valuable stuff is the why to, when to, why not to and when not to. Those are the posts that contain the real meat and you don't need 50 posts to find that information you just need to stick around long enough to work out who is who and which posters you want to look out for.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

The really funny part was that COB spent the entire day today, starting just after nine this morning, making ALL FIFTY of his posts. He finished shortly after five PM.

Seems like he doesn't have much else to do.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On Feb 12, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
The really funny part was that COB spent the entire day today, starting just after nine this morning, making ALL FIFTY of his posts. He finished shortly after five PM.

Seems like he doesn't have much else to do.

Hmm aptly named in that case, started at 9 and had 50 posts by COB.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

LOL! I completely forgot that COB is an acronym for "close of business," which is generally 5PM.

Nice catch!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
There seems to have been a lot of these sort of posters lately, usually dragging up even ten year old threads with a totally meaningless comment. Normally ten words or less. Mark, I will skype you in the next few days, got something you might like.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anyone noticed ! Since he hit the 50 not one post has been made by him !!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Keith Barry in Leicester Square , anyone going? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL