The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Magic In P.E. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
In P.E. we get a break every 20 minutes. I did magic to the coach a while ago and he asked me to perform some more magic. He told the whole class that I have some serious magic and every one came over to watch. There were at least 35 kids surrounding me.

First, I did two card monte and everyone started saying things like what the (insert cuss word here) and how the (insert word where bad people go after they die here) did he do that. Then, I did McDonald's Aces and I messed up. After the aces (I used 5s) disappeared I realized that the setup was a little off. (If you have the trick you know what I mean) There ended up being only 2 aces (5s in my case) in the pile.

Even after that, everyone started freaking out and since then, everyone asks me to show them a card trick. I'm thinking about doing something besides cards next time. Even after the mistake, I'd have to say this was the best performance experience I ever had. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
DougTait
View Profile
Elite user
Sebring, FL
492 Posts

Profile of DougTait
Shane; Good show and good recovery. Make the most of every opportunity to perform and try to make every performance a little better than the last.

If you have something that can get some of your audience friends involved, it will really get them talking about you. Smile
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men [and women] to do nothing."
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Never do magic in school. That is my final word on the subject. School is for school, even lunchbreaks should be kept non-magic. I think that way too many teens are OBSESSED with their hobby, and they actually perform it in class when they should be working. Sure they are popular with magic, but 2 things, its unhealthy to sacrifice your work, and there is such a thing as too much magic!
Shane Wiker
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1199 Posts

Profile of Shane Wiker
Indridcold, it wasn't during school, schoolwork, or a lunchbreak. I have P.E. at a different time than school. It's not even on school grounds. Also, when we have breaks, my P.E. coach asks me to perform for him and some people that gather to watch. In fact, I have one of the, if not the best grades in my school. So it is definetely not hurting my school work.
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
557 Posts

Profile of debaser
I used to put Genii magazine inside my school books so the teacher would assume that I was reading my text. I couldn't help it, I had no interest in what we were studying.

I do not condone this but I will say that if magic is consuming you its best to ride with it. It will serve you well in the long run.

matt
Maestro
View Profile
Special user
802 Posts

Profile of Maestro
Quote:
On 2003-11-17 21:15, indridcold wrote:
Never do magic in school. That is my final word on the subject. School is for school, even lunchbreaks should be kept non magic. I think that way too many teens are OBSESSED with their hobby, and they actually perform it in class when they should be working. Sure they are popular with magic, but 2 things, its unhealthy to sacrifise your work, and there is such a thing as too much magic!

Yes, school is about learning, but there's no reason people can't have fun at the same time! It may not be the best idea to read magazines instead of listening to the teacher, Smile , but I don't see what is wrong with sharing a little magic to lighten up a dull day, espeically during a lunchbreak or P.E.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Hey, you have a great future ahead of you! You just keep it up, but please don't get so good as to make me look bad. Then I'd probably have to thrash you. LOL Smile
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
boblinds
View Profile
Regular user
Los Angeles
111 Posts

Profile of boblinds
Dude, when I went to school we would have gotten our <insert posterior synonym here> kicked and kicked good if we had said <insert cuss word here> in P.E.

I guess things have changed a lot in a century.

I understand the previous poster's concern about letting magic eclipse the importance of school. However, learning how to intelligently mix things you love with things you do for personal gain (whether physical, mental or financial) is an important life skill, IMHO.

Keep up the magic, my friend, and keep up the grades, too.
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Shane, rock on my brutha! It seems to me that you really had fun with what you were doing and everyone had fun right along with you. Now THAT is magic, mi amigo.

And don't listen to indridcold. Have fun were you can find it. Blindly adhering to structure is for the unimaginative. I say, bring people happiness in every moment and place that you can.

And I can think of WAY worse things to be obsessed with than magic. Actually it's nice to see a teen that devoted to anything! So keep it up! And don't let the mothmen shoot you down.

-Reis
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
indridcold
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of indridcold
Actually, it is probably better not to listen to me. Just have a bad background of seeing a couple of friends really hurt their futures by not having any other life but their magic. It seems like you are deffinatly not one of those people, so well done.
prospero
View Profile
Special user
Elsewhere
572 Posts

Profile of prospero
Dude, lighten up!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » What happened, was this... » » Magic In P.E. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL