The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Presto's Super Silly Sponge Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dlemberg
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, WA
31 Posts

Profile of dlemberg
There is a new Sponge ball Routine on the market called "Presto's Supper Silly Sponge Routine" that is a great piece of children show magic. I just got mine and finished watching the DVD and looked over the props that come with it and I can tell you I am not dissapointed. I am very excited actually. The routine is well put together and the number of reactions/interactions from/with the kids during the 5 minute routine are too numerous to count. During the performace part of the DVD Presto has the children wound so tight you think something is going to explode and it turns out the explosions is laughter and pure enjoyment. During the routine the children see the sponge vanish, change color, change to a cube, change size and grow right before their eyes. Presto is a master in front of the kids and his step by step instructions on the DVD explain every move and the reasoning behind the rountine. This is a very fun routine and should bring you lots of business if you put it in your act. I give this one my top rating of 5 magic wands.

Presto's full routine is available at: Dave's Killer Magic Shop

http://magicplace.us/prestos-supersilly-......048.html

Here is a teaser clip I found:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6nSKEt9rQ0
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan's Beautiful Sunrise Side
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I have this and think it is FANTASTIC! I got it directly from the creator...fun stuff for kids and a great opener!
Mike Maturen
World of Wonder Entertainment
The Magic and Mayhem of Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

AUTHOR OF "A NEW DAWN--Weekly Wisdom From Everyday Life"

member: International Magician's Society
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Dlemberg,

Let's be forthright. You are "Dave" of "Dave's Killer Magic shop". I ordered it it direct from Presto because of this slight deception. http://www.prestomagicproducts.com/
dlemberg
View Profile
New user
Vancouver, WA
31 Posts

Profile of dlemberg
KC, This has everything to do with Presto's Quality of the DVD. Yes I am Dave but I am also a customer of Presto's and I AM excited about this product, I don't post often on the Café so please forgive me for the way this post came across. Having said that, this is a great new routine that is fresh and different. KC, I was given the routine by Presto to look at to consider selling and I thought it was fantastic. Like I said I don't post often on the Café and I will do as you suggest and look at Steve Axtel posts. You don't need to buy the routine from me, you can buy it from Presto himself. http://www.prestomagicproducts.com . As a matter of fact please buy directly from Presto he has great service and stands behind his products.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4571 Posts

Profile of Payne
Bring one to Kramien's Dave and I'll pick it up from you. After all it's important to support your local shop. Even if it isn't local to where I live
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Dave,
Your post came across as a magician excited about a product - and that's great. We all appreciate recommendations. The issue it's you did not say you were the exclusive dealer and a friend Kevin's.

While this certainly doesn't invalidate your recommendation, especially if you let it be known in the recommendation, it certainly makes your motives questionable when you don't mention it.

I'm sure you are known in the Seattle-Vancouver area, and to those magicians it wouldn't be needed, but to the rest of us, we have no idea you're the exclusive dealer too. I'm sure you understand what I am talking about - especially in the wake of the Hank Lee scandal.

I suggest you change your name to something like "Dave's Killer Magic" or put a link to your shop in your signature. This will identify you are more than just a magician, help sales, and help your SEO efforts.

I wish you and your shop the best of luck.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I just wish the teaser or description told more of what actually happens. Basically all I know is that it uses sponges balls, lasts 5 minutes, and that the kids find it funny. What I don't know is if this is a vanishing ball trick, multiplying ball trick, etc. I don't expect the teaser/trailer to show the whole routine as people would just steal it but this teaser doesn't tell me much of anything.

So what is this routine about?
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
It is a combination of color changes, shape changes etc. The routine is easy to do and fun as well.

Without giving too much away...LOL.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

TommyJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Foxboro, MA
1750 Posts

Profile of TommyJ
A few months ago, Presto sent me an e mail asking if he could send me one of these to evaluate for him. I had never heard of Presto until that point. I agreed to look it over for him and give him my thoughts.

After reviewing the DVD and the props I sent him an e mail back, congratulating him on this great high-energy, entertaining routine for kids. Is there really anything NEW here to sponge ball magic? Not really, but it's the routine you're paying for. Not only that, but it comes with all the sponges! You can't go wrong! It's literally a great deal for such an entertaining routine.

It's the play on words that is constantly used during the routine which makes it work. That is why he can't show the entire routine on the promo. There would definitely be people that would just steal the routine and use it for themselves.

I already perform a sponge ball routine in my first birthday act and when I get some time to rehearse the routine and give it the time it deserves it will go into my second birthday act.

Just watch the promo video again. I have seen the entire routine and the kids eat it up. Great job Presto. I highly recommend it Smile

Tommy
"Keep the Kids Laughing!"
https://www.tommyjamesmagic.com/store
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Hey guys, thanks for the posts on my new routine. A few things...

Dave's review is genuine, he was very excited about it, and he is the only dealer carrying it right now, so there's no problem with him telling you where you can get it. He's a very nice guy and certainly didn't mean to come across as deceptive in any way.

Paul - You're right about the teaser, it was very hard for me to show enough in the trailer, without giving away the routine. Because of that, I decided to mostly show the audience reactions and just a little bit of my actual performance. The reactions of the kids might help you judge whether the routine is good for you. I can tell you that it's silly, it involves you performing some simple sleights and simple patter. You've already read about the actual "magic" moments that take place (ie. vanishing ball, shape change, size change, etc.) The routine can be performed for kids of all ages, but is PERFECT for kids ages 4-8.

Mike and Tommy, thanks for your kind words. I really hope you get a chance to incorporate the routine into your shows!

Tommy's review says it all, there's nothing really NEW to sponge magic here, but the routine is unique, easy to do, and kids go absolutely nuts over it! It's very fun to perform, I've performed it a hundreds of shows and kids love to see it every time.

You can find the routine using the links above. For those who don't need the props, I also offer the DVD alone for $19.95. It's less of an investment if you're skeptical whether or not the routine will work for you.

Thanks guys!
- Kevin (aka Presto)
mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Okay, now I'm on the fence. If Tommy likes this then how could I not like this? I've been considering adding a good sponge ball routine to my show. I just wished we could see a bit more to make an informed choice on this one!
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
I think you'd like it, Mike! And I do not have any financial interest in saying this.
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Pm'd you Mike! Smile
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Ha mike
shoot me a pm
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Which Mike, me or Storz?
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Just placed my order at Dave's Killer Magic Shop! It's on sale with free shipping. I'll let you all know how this baby is! Smile
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2445 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I guess I got screwed, I was charged shipping and $35.10 for the trick.
Mike Maturen
View Profile
Inner circle
2726 Posts

Profile of Mike Maturen
Cool Mike...watched the DVD again yesterday...and am more impressed than ever! Now I gotta get off my butt and practice it so I can try it out on some crumb crunchers!
Mike Maturen
989-335-1661
mikematuren@gmail.com

mike storz
View Profile
Inner circle
Orange, CT
1353 Posts

Profile of mike storz
Thank you for the recommendation Mike!

Dave! If you scrolled down it gave a free shipping option for items over $20! I would email him!
KC Cameron
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, North Carolina
1944 Posts

Profile of KC Cameron
Just got the DVD. Presto keeps them entertained, and if you have the energy and a the right personality it will be a hit for you. It contains nothing new, but a new way of tieing various sponge ball magic together into a longer routine. I can't say any single part of it is impressive, but the whole thing is tied nicely together.

Some will have issue that the storyline takes much of it's power from another commercial character - but that is up to the presenter, and while core, could be easily changed.

The whole is worth much more than it's parts. It is the storyline and sponge balls that you are paying for - not tricks (unless you are new to magic). I doubt anyone that does this will stay with the packaged routine long (not that Presto does it is bad - far from it) - but it will stimulate your own creativity to make to make your own routine.

If you are looking for a high-energy, very silly bit of magic, with a good dose of clowning, this is a great choice. It will automatically get the kids attention and keep their attention due to the storyline. It packs small, plays big for the under 8 crowd. I can see this being successful at a school show, birthday party, or even a longer piece of close-up. The only real downside to this is that it is very much a "personality piece". While we all think we have loads of it, we all know magicians that don't. Those of us that tend to have more of a "Mr. Rodgers" type of show MAY find this bombs. It takes a lot of energy and a good bit of sillyness that just can't be faked. If you find inside you an inner clown - try this! If you don't have any clown in your personality, it still can be a good inspiration and a fun look into someone else's show!

---The question is - do you have what it takes? $20 for the DVD is a no-brainer.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Presto's Super Silly Sponge Routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL