The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tabled Switch? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Hey guys. I am working on a brand new effect (one I created with some 'special' cards lying around).

I am at a point in the effect that I just can't get past.

At the end of the effect you have three face down cards laying on the table. They are supposedly three 5 of Hearts. You have one Joker in your hand and three other "Jokers" along with it. I am looking for a way to switch the tabled cards with "Jokers" in my hand.

I want it to look like I am just turning over the face down cards. After the switch is done it is to look like you just turned over the 5's.

I tried to Mexican Turnover the the packets but that obviously didn't work.

Does anybody know of a switch I can learn, and what book or video I can purchase that contains it?

My friend suggested the Jinx Switch but that is in the hands.

Chris
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Paul Curry's Turnover Change

I found a thread with a situation similar to yours...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=2
Breather
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Breather
Are the jokers face-down?
Euan
View Profile
Inner circle
1041 Posts

Profile of Euan
I can't see how you would be able to use the Curry change here, care to enlighten us Cameron?

You can indeed use a mexican turnover to switch the three for three. However it would require just a slight difference in handling, when you slide the three cards below the ones on the table make sure you slide them so that they are outjogged about an inch or so.. Now just do the change as per normal except your right thumb can easily grasp the other three cards as you do the switch (due to the jog).. I believe this is a Gene Maze idea, but I would have to check up on that.

regards

--Euan
Hank Shand-Handy
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Hank Shand-Handy
Are you turning over all the cards at the same time or one at a time?
I'm playing all the right notes but not necessarily in the right order.
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
Perhaps I am not understanding what you mean. I was under the impression that you had three cards on the table and three Fives of Hearts in your hand. I thought you wanted to switch the three on the table for the three in your hand, as you turn them over.
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
At what point in the routine is this happening? If you're ending the routine with this revelation, then I'd say you may need to rethink the method or routining. A final revelation is usually not a great time to make a switch.

In that light, I think we'd need to know a little more before we can make any REALLY useful recommendations.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Ok here is the thing.

You have 4 jokers and 3 d*****b**k that shows jokers and 5 of hearts.

On the table 3 jokers lay face down. You have in your hand 1 joker and 3 5's. One at a time the 5's change to jokers. So after the last one you have 4 jokers in your hand. You reach down to flip over the face down jokers (in the spectators mind they are the 5's). As you go to turn them over you need to switch the jokers on that are on the table with the cards in your hand.

You do turn them over all at once. If I was doing it one at a time the Mexican Turnover would work.

Chris
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Ok, that's the roughest possible time to try and pull off a packet switch. I recommend you try and routine around that. It may involve bringing more cards (secretly) into play, but otherwise you're gonna have a real tough time.

But, since you're interested in a switch...the only possible switch I can think of is some variation on the "wildcard" switch, the Hofzinser thing. It works GREAT with a single DF card in the hand being switched for a face down tabled card. I know it's in one of the card college books, many descriptions of Wildcard, and undoubtedly a ton of other places. Play with that and see if you can apply it to a group.

But it'd be better if you could ACTUALLY have fives on the table.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Thanks for the info Paul.

I'll see if I can routine around that.

Chris
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Why not just pick up the cards and place them onto the cards in hand and turn over?
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Tabled Switch? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL