The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Godfather (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-05-25 13:48, critter wrote:
I thought this thread would be about Vinny Marini.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-06-03 20:56, tommy wrote:
:)

I have not read that one. By the same author umm

Shakespeare's plays weren't written by him, but by someone else of the same name.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
I knew this guy who, every time the topic of Shakespeare came up, would roll his eyes and derisively say "I'm a Baconist." Then, one day, an actor asked him why and he just stuttered and stammered for a minute. Turns out he'd never read any arguments for or against, he just heard somewhere that there was this theory and decided to go with it in an effort to try and sound superior to others. Like he knew something they didn't. He didn't even really know who Bacon was.
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Critter
Bacon did not write Shakespeare, actually Shakespeare ate Bacon.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2478 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
Shakespeare was not wealthy in his time, a playwrite was a lower level profession. He could probably not afford to eat Bacon.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-05-25 08:49, TonyB2009 wrote:
The Vatican's finances have been crooked for years. It is also an organisation that hides and protects thieves and paedophiles, and that uses bullying and intimidation to further its aims. It openly defies the authority of the state in countries where it is sufficiently organised. The comparison with the Mafia is apt.

Wow you sure know a lot for a clown.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
817 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-06-03 16:48, magicfish wrote:
Yessir, its a criminal organization, and the Pope is its chairman and CEO.

Wow yoiu know as much as the clown. Great info from a clown and a fish. Keep the info coming.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 12:54, Cliffg37 wrote:
Shakespeare was not wealthy in his time, a playwrite was a lower level profession. He could probably not afford to eat Bacon.

Wasn't bacon (like most of the best stuff) originally a peasant food? I might be remembering that one wrong, for some reason I was just thinking it was.
~Will Rogers
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Hi Bob,

P2 was what is known as a "clandestine" Lodge, i.e. outside of the framework of "regular" Freemasonry. Of course the present Pope, when he was a Cardinal and the Director of what remains of the Inqusition, wrote a lengthy and detailed opinion explaining that being a Freemason is a mortal sin for communicants of the Church. But at the same time, there are many Catholic Freemasons, indeed whole Lodges of them. If memory serves, one of the earliest Masonic Lodges in Savannah had as its entire membership Catholic priests who were, I think, refugees from Haiti.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15768 Posts

Profile of tommy
Spearing the Wild Blue Boar
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 14:05, Woland wrote:
Hi Bob,

P2 was what is known as a "clandestine" Lodge, i.e. outside of the framework of "regular" Freemasonry. Of course the present Pope, when he was a Cardinal and the Director of what remains of the Inqusition, wrote a lengthy and detailed opinion explaining that being a Freemason is a mortal sin for communicants of the Church. But at the same time, there are many Catholic Freemasons, indeed whole Lodges of them. If memory serves, one of the earliest Masonic Lodges in Savannah had as its entire membership Catholic priests who were, I think, refugees from Haiti.

I, myself, was a Freemason and a Catholic at the same time. Whether or not a lodge is clandestine depends on who you ask.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15768 Posts

Profile of tommy
I, myself, was a cross-dressing Nazi and member of the Hitler Youth Brigade.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
750 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
The hills are alive,with the sound of Tommy.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
From the point of view of the Lodge, there is no problem with a Catholic Mason per se.

If it is true that the Charter of "Propaganda Due" was revoked by the Grand Orient of Italy in 1976, the Lodge would be considered thereafter clandestine by most, I think.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
I joined a masonic-type fraternal order once. Imagine my dissapoint when, rather than evil masterminds bent on world domination, I found myself surrounded by old dudes eating spaghetti. Seriously, I have never seen so many spaghetti feeds in my life. Flippin' weird.
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Well if you were in the Mafia not so many years ago you would have also found yourself surrounded by old dudes eating spaghetti.

And, yes, Woland, from the perspective of the Grand Lodge they would, of course, be considered clandestine. But if you were to ask them, they probably wouldn't see it that way.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 18:56, mastermindreader wrote:
Well if you were in the Mafia not so many years ago you would have also found yourself surrounded by old dudes eating spaghetti.

That is a fact.

On a related note- the Mob Museum in Vegas is awesome.
~Will Rogers
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » The Godfather (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL