The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » multiple outs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Here's an odd question, but important for me in a project I'm working on. There are a million ways to make a fairly decent sized amount of possibilities limited down to 4 or less for multiple outs. The limitation down to only a few outs is of course something the audience is not aware of.

BUT, is there anything that can narrow a seemingly endless amount of possibilities into around 30? If you had a device that seems to be proof without a SHADOW OF A DOUBT for mentalists, magicians, OR laypeople that there are NO OUTS whatsoever (and is never touched or changed before or during the effect) that actually could supply 25 outs or more? With that many outs it seems, since you can make something that seems like 50 choices down into 8 or fewer, you could do something really incredible with around 30 outs! Obviously, you could account for every playing card with only 17 outs with the right presentation eliminating face cards and aces in a subtle way they won't recognize and using one out for every number and one out for ever suit. But that is still only 52 cards and a force can narrow that down even further!!!

I'm looking for something that narrows hundreds of possibilities or a seemingly unlimited amount of possibilities into around 30 using subtle methods. Math stinks, anyone who knows me knows how ridiculous I think math forces are.

Thank you for your help!

Jonathan Grant
Ben Blau
View Profile
Inner circle
1475 Posts

Profile of Ben Blau
I think I've got just what you need --something I've been using for a long time. It appears to be a very unrestricted selection from what seems to be literally thousands of numbers, yet the selection is actually limited to less than twenty (or even less than ten, if applied in a certain way). Email me privately, letting me know how you intend to use it, and I'll send you the method if you're interested.

Ben Blau
(falgahboy@aol.com)
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
Great, I emailed you. Anyone else have anything?

Jonathan Grant
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Spend $23 and buy Bob Cassidy's "Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic"; in this manuscript he has a great method for reducing what appears to be hundreds of possibilities down to exactly twenty.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
What else is in this book? Is it good stuff?

Jonathan Grant
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Wilbur Kattner's "Prolix Spirit Writes" also has an interesting take on the idea of limited multiple outs.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Jonathan
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1223 Posts

Profile of Jonathan
What kind of a take? Would that be of interest to me looking for limiting a VERY large quantity of choices down to about 20 or less?

Can you tell me more?

Jonathan Grant
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4698 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
It's for Q&A routines.
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Thomas Wayne
View Profile
Inner circle
Alaska
1977 Posts

Profile of Thomas Wayne
Quote:
On 2002-05-13 13:49, Jonathan wrote:
What else is in this book? [Bob Cassidy's "Theories and Methods for the Practical Psychic"] Is it good stuff?

Jonathan Grant

Well that would be in the eye of the beholder, but let me say that I am REAL picky when it comes to adding new stuff to my bag of tricks and I am currently working on personalizing TWO of the routines in this book. For me that is a HUGE return on my investment.

Regards,
Thomas Wayne
MOST magicians: "Here's a quarter, it's gone, you're an idiot, it's back, you're a jerk, show's over." Jerry Seinfeld
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » multiple outs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL