The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What did I miss!?!?! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
Montgomery Village, Maryland
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Good evening folks!

So I've been away from magic almost entirely for a year. Give or take a few months....

In the world of cards (and maybe mental magic for magicians?), what interesting stuff have a missed? Is there something new and exciting that's come out? Did somebody really spice up an old favorite of yours? A special new card book or a devastating new packet trick?

I know there's a TON of list threads on here, but I'm eager to get back up to speed!
Visit my blog: ScienceIsMagic.com
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4768 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Many great books including ones exclusively on card magic were published in 2011. Check out the book review section.

Larry Smile
BenGGie
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of BenGGie
Something called the UCCU came out, pretty mindblowing.
tenchu
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1052 Posts

Profile of tenchu
I'm not sure when exactly this book has been released, but if you haven't checked Woody Aragon's book, "A Book In English", get it.

Mike
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Prob about 20 torn n restored, a dozen 100 dollar bill switches, and stackfulls of one effect DVDS...most of the mentioned are either inferior to the ones before or impractical...however, some of Blue crowns stuff (Ben Train) and the UCCU are worth checking out.

Billy
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2618 Posts

Profile of critter
Ricky Jay did a lecture tour of every major city in the US and Can... Smile dang it, I knew I couldn't keep a straight face the whole way through.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Nothing much.
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2012-05-27 19:48, Billy-one wrote:
Prob about 20 torn n restored, a dozen 100 dollar bill switches, and stackfulls of one effect DVDS...most of the mentioned are either inferior to the ones before or impractical...however, some of Blue crowns stuff (Ben Train) and the UCCU are worth checking out.

Billy

Thanks Billy!

There's no reason to limit your search to recent things. Just jump back in and buy whatever books, dvds, and props you find exciting!

Ben
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Thanks for all the responses. And of course, Ben, there are always a lot of neat older things out there yet to be discovered. Still many "wants" among those Smile

I agree that Ben's Blue Crowns DVD looks interesting for sure! I love assemblies (as weird and parlor-roomy as they are to laymen) and triumph is a wonderful thing. I did the super easy Zarrow triumph for some friend tonight (KILLED). I will say that I've never been able to master Vernon's triumph shuffle, so I'm guessing that Ben's won't be any easier. :-/
Ray Tupper.
View Profile
Special user
NG16.
749 Posts

Profile of Ray Tupper.
Quote:
On 2012-05-28 03:48, loyaleagle wrote:
I will say that I've never been able to master Vernon's triumph shuffle, so I'm guessing that Ben's won't be any easier. :-/

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised.
What do we want?
A cure for tourettes!
When do we want it?
C*nt!
Ben Train
View Profile
Inner circle
Erdnase never had
4638 Posts

Profile of Ben Train
Quote:
On 2012-05-28 03:48, loyaleagle wrote:
I will say that I've never been able to master Vernon's triumph shuffle, so I'm guessing that Ben's won't be any easier. :-/

It's easier.

(The Myth also uses a zarrow shuffle, which you're already using, so there's a very small learning curve)
If you're reading this you're my favourite magician.

Check out www.TorontoMagicCompany.com for upcoming shows, and instagram.com/train.ben for god knows what!
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
361 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Aragon's Book in English and Barnowsky's Book of Destiny are two great reads

BJ
The Burnaby Kid
View Profile
Inner circle
St. John's, Canada
3158 Posts

Profile of The Burnaby Kid
Take a look at Derek DelGaudio's work on Youtube. He had a 5-episode stint on a Spanish show that was a lot of fun, if you like in-depth card routines.
JACK, the Jolly Almanac of Card Knavery, a free card magic resource for beginners.
loyaleagle
View Profile
Special user
567 Posts

Profile of loyaleagle
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 20:05, The Burnaby Kid wrote:
Take a look at Derek DelGaudio's work on Youtube. He had a 5-episode stint on a Spanish show that was a lot of fun, if you like in-depth card routines.

Very cool stuff. Most of it seems like Lennart Green top shelf dealing and controls! This one made a lot of sense to me, as it's a classic, but I couldn't figure out how he got past the "praying" step. Maybe I'm just falling into some kind of topological trap!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75taBNDe0yU&feature=related
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » What did I miss!?!?! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL