The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GH*ST (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 11:04, Seth speaks wrote:
I feel SO lucky to have this piece. I'm grateful to you, Professor!

There is a certain touch of sadness every time one of your items slips into Sold Out Elysium... but it's inevitable.

Seth

Funny - I feel Happy... but that is because I get the Prof's stuff ASAP when I know it Smile
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 11:04, Seth speaks wrote:
I feel SO lucky to have this piece. I'm grateful to you, Professor!

There is a certain touch of sadness every time one of your items slips into Sold Out Elysium... but it's inevitable.

Seth

I understand your feelings.
I too feel grateful towards the Professor.
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1361 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
You are all very kind, and I appreciate it sincerely.

What's next from my library? Think October, 1849.

A smaller book than GH*ST, perhaps 144 pages, beautifully ornamented throughout & aged using the technique used on GH*ST. New method (but my usual style: a haunted book, rare first edition, no-peek, read it cover-to-cover without tipping the method, completely free choice, performer to have a selection of possible revelations no matter which page is selected, &c.) with a few new twists: remote viewing of images on any page selected and a prediction using a candle's molten wax for a kick finale (one performance possibility of many). This will not simply be GH*ST (or PHANTOMS or DarkSpell) in a new frock but rather a completely new effect employing a new (simple, as always) method.

Just turning my mind to this project today, so please don't ask about price or when it might be available--probably an early Hallowe'en present is as close as I can say today.

A book of very famous and familiar verses.

And, yes, I'll be making this another limited edition run. Bruce has threatened my cats if I don't.

Again, thank you most sincerely for your support of my work and approval of GH*ST.

Professor BC
Phasmologist
lin
View Profile
Special user
California
816 Posts

Profile of lin
EAP?
minty
View Profile
Elite user
Rugby, Warwickshire
420 Posts

Profile of minty
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 13:50, lin wrote:
EAP?

I do hope so.

Congratulations Prof BC. Though I've learnt to expect similar attributes from each new book you bring out (ease of memorisation, ease of use, quality of materials, quality of ageing, authenticity of design, well thought-out backstories, a variety of routines in differing styles that go way beyond most BTs, and some of the best performance manuals out there), none of your books strike me as being particularly alike in terms of personality, effect or method. I only hope you gain as much pleasure designing, writing, and producing each book as I gain owning and performing them.
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
162 Posts

Profile of spindoc
Congratulations, Professor. I look forward to adding your next effort to my growing library of your works. Whenever you choose to release it into the wild, I'm in.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 12:44, PROF BC wrote:
You are all very kind, and I appreciate it sincerely.

What's next from my library? Think October, 1849.

A smaller book than GH*ST, perhaps 144 pages, beautifully ornamented throughout & aged using the technique used on GH*ST. New method (but my usual style: a haunted book, rare first edition, no-peek, read it cover-to-cover without tipping the method, completely free choice, performer to have a selection of possible revelations no matter which page is selected, &c.) with a few new twists: remote viewing of images on any page selected and a prediction using a candle's molten wax for a kick finale (one performance possibility of many). This will not simply be GH*ST (or PHANTOMS or DarkSpell) in a new frock but rather a completely new effect employing a new (simple, as always) method.

Just turning my mind to this project today, so please don't ask about price or when it might be available--probably an early Hallowe'en present is as close as I can say today.

A book of very famous and familiar verses.

And, yes, I'll be making this another limited edition run. Bruce has threatened my cats if I don't.

Again, thank you most sincerely for your support of my work and approval of GH*ST.

Professor BC

Ok Eddie - ask if it will come out in paperback!!!! I dares ya!!!!! I dares ya!!!!

Aside: I would never harm an animal! I might though take tissue from their owner, clone sections of meat, keep feeding the cats the new tasty kibble enhanced with owner taste.... and let them go hungry a few days along with the Cats of Ulthar (who I'd feed the same food) and then let them loose.... especially if a paperback is announced!!!
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Alright Bruce- you can feel better now.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10574 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 19:51, Eddie Garland wrote:
Alright Bruce- you can feel better now.

If only you asked for a graphic novel
Balaram
View Profile
Special user
904 Posts

Profile of Balaram
Oct 6 or 7?
Has someone finally remembered the 13 Martyrs of Arad ??!
Or is it that other guy?
RandyScott
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of RandyScott
Now I want another one (Gh*st).
Is that weird?
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2013-01-23 22:58, RandyScott wrote:
Now I want another one (Gh*st).
Is that weird?

Not at all.

AND imagine using BOTH books in your presentation...although it would look a bit suspect using another first edition.
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
One's enough for me! Smile
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
GeoffreyD
View Profile
Loyal user
Canberra, Australia
244 Posts

Profile of GeoffreyD
I'm happy with mine Smile
Cheers
Geoffrey
www.dark-myst.com.au
YitzhakNoDice
View Profile
Special user
Portland, Oregon
509 Posts

Profile of YitzhakNoDice
Awaiting the animated series....

Seriously, however, I gave the G* a test run last weekend with a good friend who is altogether wise of me. He didn't suspect the book at all. I didn't use the a*. To him the book was just an old book. (It helped that I surrounded it with authentic rare old books.) It was a perfect test run and I freaked him out. He isn't easily freaked out, thus, I consider the test run exceedingly successful. I anxiously anticipate using the G* with a wider, less suspect audience. The G* is brilliant. Hoy to the Professor! (I.e., thank you very much.)
- Yitzhak
A wise man's question contains half the answer. - Solomon ben Judah, Philosopher
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
I missed all of the previous books PROF BC has made to date but I will not miss this one. I will now start standing in line for this one as of this moment.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
547 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Where do I preregister, sign up or stand in line for the next first edition? I'm in.

I do hope it's a book of stories by the other guy.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Tell ya what stand right behind me and ill bring the coffee as I know it will be a long wait lol
Lucien Astor
View Profile
Special user
Sunken R'lyeh
658 Posts

Profile of Lucien Astor
As much as I am loathe to do it, I must part with my copy of GH*ST (#31). It is in the Sale section Smile
http://www.mediumarts.ca: Psychic Entertainment & Contemporary Art
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
942 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
I have #13 this would be a great sister... Hope the new stuff is great because this is THE book test... If anyone is on the fence with this don't be; especially as it is being offered at cost price...!
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GH*ST (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL