The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GH*ST (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Enjoyed listening to it, just sorry I missed out on the book.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I was late to this lovely book as it was when I was pretty much off from the Café. If anyone has one and is interested in selling or trading something for it I am interested. Not going to pay a collector fee but if its retail as one previously sold for I'm definitely interested.

Shoot me a PM.

Chad
Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1521 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
I do have a Phantoms up for grabs or for a partial trade for a GH*ST along with a few other items in the for sale section now. Really hate I missed this when it was going on! At least I'm set for Doppelganger in December! Reading the reviews has me salivating!
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Just a heads-up: Mark Gatiss (of League of Gentlemen & Sherlock fame) has directed an adaptation of James's 'The Tricate Middoth', which will be aired on BBC2 on Christmas Day.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
They're also airing Christopher Lee's readings of James's tales on Radio 4 Extra over the festive period!

Such treats!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
PROF BC
View Profile
Inner circle
1360 Posts

Profile of PROF BC
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 07:28, MatCult wrote:
Just a heads-up: Mark Gatiss (of League of Gentlemen & Sherlock fame) has directed an adaptation of James's 'The Tricate Middoth', which will be aired on BBC2 on Christmas Day.

Don't miss anything in which Mark Gatiss is involved. He is one of the UK's brilliant 'telly triumvirate' along with Steven Moffat & Russell T. Davies. I'll be tuned in (even though it breaks my family's rule about watching television on holiday!)

BC
Phasmologist
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Mark's history of horror was superb. Sadly it hasn't made it onto DVD. I think the number of clips probably made it difficult to license. But superb series. His short series Crooked House is perfect ghost story at Christmas viewing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KxGgMssJ5w
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17494 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Not for the USA?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1453 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Perhaps us "Yanks" (as my cousins calls us Smile) are not yet worthy to watch it.....??! LoL
Joshua J
View Profile
Special user
665 Posts

Profile of Joshua J
Yes, it's probably because you don't pay for TV licenses to fund the BBC.

A non-BBC trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsmemThBrcY
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4204 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Quote:
On 2013-12-07 13:11, Joshua J wrote:
A non-BBC trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsmemThBrcY

That looks awesome. I really think I enjoy this.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5944 Posts

Profile of george1953
Looking forward to this one, I am in Spain but should be able to get it, I will try to record it so if any of our US friends want to see it I can send a copy.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I'm looking forward to this too.
AttnPls
View Profile
Special user
545 Posts

Profile of AttnPls
Who here performs Gh*st and gets a great reaction? Please IM me... I have a question for you.

THANKS!
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1812 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
Crooked house is available to watch on youtube, if you check the sidebar menu of the trailer (link above) you will find it.

I watched parts one and two last night, it was great.

Look out for Andy Nyman too.
Perkins
View Profile
Special user
888 Posts

Profile of Perkins
Fellow Spookies,

I have a request up in the swap meet, but go straight to the tree for an apple, I say... Searching stone corridors and the dusty cathedral shelves for a copy of this rare book. If any of you antiquarians have leads, please let me know.

Regards,
Perkins
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Dec 13, 2013, AttnPls wrote:
Who here performs Gh*st and gets a great reaction? Please IM me... I have a question for you.

THANKS!

Do you mean like WOW like a straight jacket escape or.... hmmmm we are thinking this is odd... weird... what happened,... is it true what we experienced...? The latter all the time...single Dopps and Gh*sts have at least that at a minimum - the key is to get feedback after the a show and find out - when I use the Dopps/G as a single book - which I often do for a thematic specific presentation - it doesn't feel strong to ME but when I ask the subjects they say YA - THAT WAS PRETTY GREAT.... its all the context in how it is delivered IMHO...?
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
DocBenWiz
View Profile
Special user
Meridian, Idaho
853 Posts

Profile of DocBenWiz
Hello fellow Spooky associates, I now realize after purchasing the new MG, that I missed this treasure in number one of GSOAA and I realize this may be a futile search/request. Please, anyone knowing of an available copy, with manual, for, trade or purchase of the first Gh*st, GSOAA, please PM me for my consideration.
Thanks mucho!
Smile
"Pay no attention to that strange man behind the curtain" (it's only "Doc Benjamin from the Amazing Wizardelia Wagon")
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2657 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2015, DocBenWiz wrote:
Hello fellow Spooky associates, I now realize after purchasing the new MG, that I missed this treasure in number one of GSOAA and I realize this may be a futile search/request. Please, anyone knowing of an available copy, with manual, for, trade or purchase of the first Gh*st, GSOAA, please PM me for my consideration.
Thanks mucho!
Smile

I put an ad looking for one in the "Buy/Sell" section a couple of weeks ago. No luck. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » GH*ST (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL