The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Living room Birthday Parties vs. School shows (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Another question on this issue. How to approach the various age group considerations as Silly Billy does in breaking down kids into 3 age groups? How does this issue present itself and how it is practically handled in a school show situation?
Thanks.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
James, that question is a book in itself. Dave Fiscus' Birthday Party Handbook discusses this issue, on age groups.

I have had teachers say the sixth-eight graders are too old, and my response is that they get the same enjoyment out of the shouw as the adults and the younger kids. This group thinks the same responses that the younger ones yell out or they might make subtle comments to each other only to realize the effect took a turn and surprised them. They also respond well to larger illusionettes.

With some schools, one can have a split show, and play to each group, by switching various effect to meet the age group. Younger ones respond to puppets while older ones like "pure magic".

In either situation, one must plan for pulling and adding effects based on the audience.
Dennis Michael
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I can tell you that they don't want the kids to stand up. I got criticized for this and don't plan on making the same mistake twice.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Living room Birthday Parties vs. School shows (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL