The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What information should my banner contain? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I keep thinking about it but still did not feel we have heard enough from anyone if banners can be made effective.

I do think if you try to get photos taken, by getting their kids or friends up, it never hurts to have your info seen so as they will know who they saw.

I still wonder if a banner is like a business card. I call a business card a neccessary waste of money. I RARELY have anyone call me from a business card.
I am no longer in phone books but when I was that was the primary. Now it is the internet. MOST people lose cards befor they need to use them.

Yet if you do not have a business card people are surprised and maybe feel you are less than a professional. It is always been expected that if they ask you have one to give. But as I said, I rarely have gotten a call from someone who said "I got your card from.." or My son brought home card" I find if they did get a card they lost it and looked me up on line. This is why I say a business card is a required but really a waste....at least for me.

Now I would not say a banner is required. But I was wonder if the content is less important. That is, if there is no real way to get them to retain the info on a banner, the best you could hope for is to have it in a photo the take home, smart phone a silly code that day or thre is some sort of brand recognition that when they DO try to find you on the net, they recognize the logo they saw on the banner and say "this is the guy we saw"
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
My perspective is that a sign on your table, or a sign to promote your show, or a banner, is just a part of the overall picture. Other parts of the overall picture can be a business card, postcard giveaway, activity page giveaway, your website, the quality of your show, your business behaviors, etc. All of these elements play a part in creating the synergy that promotes you. Not just one single element.

So, for me personally, I let the sign do it's job of putting my name in front of the audience, to help a bit with retention of my name. But I also realize that many things, working together, factor into getting spin off bookings, repeat bookings, word of mouth, etc.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Watch the video link on this thread.

There's a show banner on stage with the performer.

- Donald Smile
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Powermagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1437 Posts

Profile of Powermagic
I guess this is a good expample of what some do but how it can also not work for all situations.

I did not think the banner was very readable when camera was zoomed out nor did I think the banner worked on that stage as the call to action was blocked. Not even in the tube world did it help him. I could not read the works in the yellow from the audience level shot.
It seems if you can figure out his name you could see his website but a few days later I have forgotten it already. Incredi somebody.

Oh I thougt we were taught NOT to put on our buiness cards a list of venues we do. I thought the thinking was that no one believe you are a master at all venues...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » What information should my banner contain? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL