The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Fingerprint effect, Looking for sources. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I perform the effect almost daily, I learned it from the Old Revelation DVD (DAI VERNON) I was wondering if it's in any other DVD under a different name and or handling?
Justin W.
View Profile
Loyal user
Kansas
237 Posts

Profile of Justin W.
Vernon Chronicles, vol. 1.
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Try The Dick Tracy Card Trick by Clyde Cairy in My Best by J.G. Thompson. That's the earliest reference I know of, but I'm sure there are more. I am not sure of the spelling of Clyde's name though...

SEY

P.S. I know it's not a DVD...
Lance Pierce
View Profile
Special user
878 Posts

Profile of Lance Pierce
You might also try researching Dunbury Delusion effects in general or, by an earlier name, "The Partagas Sell."

"The Fingerprint Card Trick" is a presentation and handling for this venerable plot.
Ed Oschmann
View Profile
Special user
Lake Worth FL
958 Posts

Profile of Ed Oschmann
Tony Giorgio had a nice handling in Genii May 2003.
Akal Singh
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of Akal Singh
There's a version where the 5 cards come away from the deck before showing them on "The Card Solutions of Solomon" Disc One. Taking the cards off the deck was apparently an idea of Bob White. Putting them into the spectators hand after showing them was David Solomon's improvement... a condition which he says is indispensible to getting the most impact out of the Fingerprint Trick.
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
829 Posts

Profile of magico
Bob White's Fingerprint Trick can be found on his card magic DVD.
DGabbay
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DGabbay
Wilder, this is my hands down favorite card trick and though I do it pretty much like in the revelations dvd, there are so many little subtle things that can be done to enhance the effect. I just love it.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4399 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2012-05-30 12:29, Lance Pierce wrote:
You might also try researching Dunbury Delusion effects in general or, by an earlier name, "The Partagas Sell."

"The Fingerprint Card Trick" is a presentation and handling for this venerable plot.

Yes, both very similar, I have a version in my book "Magic From The Overground" called "Back To Partagus" where I give a number of credits. It may not be the best version but uses an interesting control Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Awesome guys, yeah I want to learn more variations of this to canibalize my own.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4768 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
A very different fingerprinting effect is my Fingerprinting Fallacy in Chapter 29 of The Book of Destiny where the magician successively finds the spectator's card using his fingerprints. In the last phase you actually fingerprint the spectator and transfer his print to a card which concludes with an impossible transfer of his actual fingerprint. It uses a blue and red backed deck and no gaffs.

Larry Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Fingerprint effect, Looking for sources. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL