The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase~ What's your favorite Fig? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bob Gerdes
View Profile
Loyal user
Northport, NY
237 Posts

Profile of Bob Gerdes
No card at the face of the deck?
Eschew obfuscation
dattyw
View Profile
New user
How long is the fence?
53 Posts

Profile of dattyw
The card appears to be slicing into his hand to me.
David
dattyw
View Profile
New user
How long is the fence?
53 Posts

Profile of dattyw
What's wrong on fig. 59?
Kyf
View Profile
Loyal user
UK, England (but Scottish by birth)
265 Posts

Profile of Kyf
Figure 59, no index on the bottom left of the card and the "Homer Simpson/Disney" three fingered hand.
"I put tape on the mirrors in my house so I don't accidentally walk through into another dimension." Steve Wright
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1707 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
Bob,

That's it. The reversed card at the face of the deck isn't explained anywhere in the text. You aren't told how to get to that position or why it would be advantageous to do so. It isn't a mistake per se, but it's an unusual occurrence of the author leaving some information out of the text that would have been useful. Or, its just a minor choice or mistake on the part of the illustrator.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
While fig 59 looks like there are only three fingers, fig 60 makes it clear where the first finger is.
My vote is fig 21, where there are only three fingers, while the text makes it clear all four fingers should be flat across the bottom of the deck.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
My favourite is the final fig. in my signed, original manuscript, showing the author's face and finally identifying him. Offers on a postcard.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Lol. I'm sure you'll get a lot of takers!

And, just as an extra bit of content to this thread, I really had a great time with Jason England (over two years ago?!) when I asked him if he thought Erdnase was still relevant today. Click the pic to take a look at the vid...

TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Erdnase~ What's your favorite Fig? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL