The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Palisades Park Sideshow (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jim Snack
View Profile
Inner circle
1338 Posts

Profile of Jim Snack
My first experience with magic was back in the early 1960's when a sideshow magician at Palisades Amusement Park in New Jersey made my head disappear!

I've always been curious about that sideshow. I know there was one there in the 1940's called the Temple of Wonder. I don't know if it was still called that in the 60's.

I was wondering if anyone had any information about the sideshow at Palisades Park and/or any magicians who appeared there in the 1960s? I also seem to remember a magician performing the Die Box on an outdoor stage as an opening act to either George Reeve aka Superman or Chuck Connors, aka the Rifleman. I was just a small tyke, so the memory is a bit fuzzy.

I've always been curious about that sideshow.
Jim Snack

"Helping Magicians Succeed with Downloadable Resources"
www.success-in-magic.com
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2905 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
That sideshow was probably Archie McAskill's Helles Belles show. Ward Hall would know better, so I will ask him in the next few days.
camikesrd
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond,Virginia
103 Posts

Profile of camikesrd
Jim, I was in the amusement business in the 60's and I think Tod is right. Ward Hall would know for sure. I wanted to make you aware of the website: http://www.palisadespark.com

Mike Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Palisades Park Sideshow (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL