The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Give up on any hotly anticipated book lately? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Interesting question....no I have not is my answer. I have read crappy books where I stopped and read from the beginning because I thought I missed sections. I didn't, the writers did. I read one book so bad I sent a letter telling the writer that I wished he and not his dog had been run down by a truck.

I was in sub squad 16 when Hunt for Red October came out and my base and ship were described. Great book but clearly Clancy had never been on the base or ship...or he found them too boring to be accurate.
Payne
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle
4572 Posts

Profile of Payne
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 20:54, Woland wrote:

Have you ever tried The Lord of the Rings? Not like The Hobbit at all.

Love the Hobbit. I can't get 10 pages into LOTR without falling asleep. The first LOTR movie was an accurate adapatation of the book as I fell asleep in the theatre a half a dozen times while watching it. Smile
"America's Foremost Satirical Magician" -- Jeff McBride.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I will speed read bad writers with a good storyline - some Dan Brown, some Geoffrey Archer, etc. I will also speed read factual books. But good writing I savour.
foolsnobody
View Profile
Special user
Buffalo, NY
836 Posts

Profile of foolsnobody
I just bought Maimnonides' The Guide for the Perplexed yesterday and I could not for the life of me get into it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Give up on any hotly anticipated book lately? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL