The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Impromptu DVDs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8557 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
I think I need to sincerely apologize. I tend to read long threads quickly (read "scan"). I did not realize that the point of Billy's original post was not to purchase any MORE over what he alraady had. I missed that. I just thought we were talking "from scratch." So, forgive, please. I will still, however, suggest that Vendy get more so that he has more from which to make intelligent choices. You might want to listen to SEY. Anyway, sorry all. best - Harry.
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Mr. Lorayne,

I keep a small shelf just for your books and I read them any time, and I mean ANY time, that I think about adding something new to my strolling set. So I have the greatest respect for your work. Hope there is no hard feelings, as there is none on my half.

Also, Mr. Youell has given sound advice (as he often does) in a better way then I know how. I think I need to go back to grammer school as my writting abilities are poor at best.

Billy
cirrus
View Profile
Inner circle
his minions made
1752 Posts

Profile of cirrus
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 15:51, Steven Youell wrote:
Vendy:

READ THIS CAREFULLY:

The entire point here is to use DISCIPLINE. Research your purchases and then plan them out in a manner that allows you to study them. Since you have a good number already, I'd suggest this: buy ONE or TWO DVD's a month from this point on and MAKE SURE you've watched them all at least twice before you buy more.

Having said that, if you're interested in impromptu card magic, then your next few purchases should be DVD's by Harry Lorayne. You'd be very hard pressed to find better impromptu card magic than what's in his DVD's and Books. Not only that, but there's such a wide variety of material that you'll certainly be able to form an actual 12 to 15 minute set that fits your style and audience.

SEY

I don't agree with Mr. Youell a lot, but this is good advice. I think this still holds for books as well. Read a book at least twice and keep notes on tricks you really like. (a journal with favourite tricks and where to find them is not a bad idea either).
Steven Youell
View Profile
V.I.P.
3866 Posts

Profile of Steven Youell
Quote:
On 2012-05-31 16:08, Harry Lorayne wrote:
I think I need to sincerely apologize. I tend to read long threads quickly (read "scan"). I did not realize that the point of Billy's original post was not to purchase any MORE over what he alraady had. I missed that. I just thought we were talking "from scratch." So, forgive, please. I will still, however, suggest that Vendy get more so that he has more from which to make intelligent choices. You might want to listen to SEY. Anyway, sorry all. best - Harry.

Harry-- welcome to the club. I think you and I are used to "street fighting" which requires a very aggressive approach. But when I "shoot from the hip", there's often "collateral damage". I got the scars to prove it. Sure you do to! Smile

Anyway, I think your apology was heartfelt.

And most here know that.

SEY
Vendy
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Vendy
The first tutorial video that I bought with my first deck was Mr. Lorayne's DVD (do not remember the name of disk, but there were easiest sleights like double lift, controlling the card and palming). So I know who is Mr. Harry Lorayne Smile
I will try to find his "Best Ever" series in Russia. If it wont be possible I will find them in UK or USA. But as far as I saw from Google "Best Ever" series has more than 4 dvd? Am I wrong?

Posted: May 31, 2012 4:54pm
Oh, and by the way, the point I want reach in card magic is when I can easily combine any moves, any sleights and show tricks everytime and everywhere. As far as I see all the impromptu magic consists of some special secret moves (lol). And when I will be able to combine any of them into one trick and show it properly - I will understand that it's the highest point for me.
Hope you understood me. Sorry for my bad English. Vendy.
Vendy
View Profile
New user
32 Posts

Profile of Vendy
Oh, and by the way, the point I want reach in card magic is when I can easily combine any moves, any sleights and show tricks everytime and everywhere. As far as I see all the impromptu magic consists of some special secret moves (lol). And when I will be able to combine any of them into one trick and show it properly - I will understand that its the highest point for me.
Hope you understood me. Sorry for my bad english. Vendy.
Billy-one
View Profile
Inner circle
IOWA
1028 Posts

Profile of Billy-one
Vendy,

I understand you fully, as you write better then me and english is my only language, lol.

I see where your coming from sometimes forget that people are not looking to "work" as a close up guy and buying new stuff is just fun for funs sake.

You should consider alan ackermans dvd set that will show you every sleight you could ever want to know and then shows some routines using those sleights. You wont get any benafit as a performer as Mr. Ackerman is very dry, but you will get a ton of knowledge!

Billy
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Impromptu DVDs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL