The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Painting a blade box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
I'm almost ready to paint my blade box, should it be a light color on the in side and dark on the out side? Also the sides are made wiht a recesed panel that I would like to paint two colors ,any sugestions?
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
I'd say darker colors on the outside edges will minimize the size. Lighter color in the panels will help. Bright blade handles will help with the visual confusion.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2436 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
You really should listen to an authority like Tom Jorgenson.

However, my own feeling is "Red. Fire-engine red. Only."
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Hmmm...about the only thing I'm an authority on is how to pay your taxes late. But I'm pretty good at that.
Rev Tommy Gunn
View Profile
New user
Hollywod, CA
12 Posts

Profile of Rev Tommy Gunn
When we painted ours, the big question was will painting a lighter color on the inside help the audience see inside when they come up to look in. Followed quickly by, SHOULD they be able to easily look inside when they come up... Building our third Blade Box now - and kind of up in the air how we are going to do it. Let me know what works out best for you!
FreakShow Deluxe, LLC
http://FreakShowDeluxe.com
joe faro
View Profile
Regular user
Salida Colorado
156 Posts

Profile of joe faro
I like Toms ideas, I'll post a picture as soon as I have time to finish it. Thanks for the input.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
You could also cover it in Formica (or what passes for it nowadays). This way you could get a nice casketty hammered bronze finish, or what ever look you want. They have hundreds of finishes and the surface will be VERY sturdy, ding-proof and will look good for decades.

I used the hammered bronze on my little Blade Box and it looks solid, confining and real. I'm in the middle of rehabbing mine after 20-some years, and the Formica surface is still good. Pix on my FB page, under 'photos', and in the 'rehab' album if you're interested.
Zagam
View Profile
New user
Silver Spring, Maryland
64 Posts

Profile of Zagam
I'm doing a sort of blade box meets sword basket thing. The box will be small, around 20" x 20"x 36". I'm guessing the basic rule of thumb of dark edges and light panels would still apply, right? I'd like the edges to be a dark stained oak and the panels a bright red.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4424 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 15:14, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
Hmmm...about the only thing I'm an authority on is how to pay your taxes late. But I'm pretty good at that.

Should that be done via cheque, crossed warrant, cold hard cash or bank transfer?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Believe it or not... » » Painting a blade box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL