The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Driving on drugs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
I am also in favor of legalized (but regulated) marijuana. However, I don't believe that it's a completely harmless drug.
And driving? If you've ever been really stoned, or been around anyone really stoned, and you still think that it's a good idea to drive in that state, then there's no point trying to reason with you- because you probably wouldn't understand big words like "manslaughter" and "the."
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2712 Posts

Profile of RS1963
I think any driving while impaired due to anything should be illegal actually. Even if it's an over the counter drug, that gives a warning of Do not drive while using this medication. I know it may not have sounded like that in my other posts but that is how I feel.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Agreed. The pain killers they gave me when I sprained my ankle I had to wait until I got home from school to take because there was no way I trusted myself to drive after taking them.
And OTC meds can be just as bad. Does anybody else remember "going robo," aka "robotripping?" My idiot raver friends did it all the time.
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1189 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-06-04 22:14, RS1963 wrote:
I think any driving while impaired due to anything should be illegal actually. Even if it's an over the counter drug, that gives a warning of Do not drive while using this medication. I know it may not have sounded like that in my other posts but that is how I feel.

I agree, and while it's a matter of state law, I strongly suspect that it is, in all 50 states.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Al, I shall now write a poem for you so you'll forgive me for whatever I did

Legalize it by Magic Santa

Reefer will make you smarter,
Weed will make you strong,
Pot makes you a better driver,
Ganja keeps you going all night long

Thai stick makes you sexy,
Wacky tobacky makes you bold,
Hooter on a Winters night,
Chases away the cold

Lambs bread from Jamaica,
Is good most anytime,
But ol' skunk bud out of Humbolt,
Will be sure to blow your mind.
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4452 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Here in LA, there are probably more dispensaries than Starbucks, and I'm not kidding. It seems to be going OK, very smooth, if you ignore the anti-pot panic people. It might as well be a legal recreation drug, it would shrink the drinking and all those involved problems. There are so many dispensaries now that there are no longer lines of people waiting to get to the counter and the 80 strains of weed they usually carry.

Or so I am told.

Romulan.

But, I'd say I'd rather be following a pot smoker driver than a drinking driver. The drinking driver plows through red lights, the pot smoking driver sits there waiting for the stop sign to change to green.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
With 50% of the American people in favor of legalization it is good to see that a few of you finally get it.

Tom
When I read your post I almost choked on my coffee. LOL

How many car accidents are caused by women putting on makeup? Now there's a drug that needs to be controlled.

Lobo
After being in a car accident they go through your pockets, car, and all your possessions. It would be practically impossible to hide any evidence of drug use. Come on get real.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Critter
You make me laugh regulation is a joke. It's a weed that comes with it's own seeds. There is a 25% unemployment rate in Spain, and every back yard has a pot patch to make a few bucks during hard times. Only mother nature can control her blessings. Most pot smoked in the US today is grown in the US.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Yeah, Al.
It's a weed that comes with it's own seeds... like tobacco. Which is regulated.

I know lots of people that homebrew too, and yet we manage to regulate booze.

And with all this locally grown ganj, there still seems to be plenty of profit in it for the South Americans.
Now, there's always going to be bootlegged hooch and black market ciggies, but that's not exactly the norm.

However, when I mention regulation- I'm not only talking production, but usage. You can't keep all underage kids from drinking, and you can't keep every moron from driving drunk, but the laws discourage a large number of us. And it should be the same for weed.
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1189 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 08:29, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo
After being in a car accident they go through your pockets, car, and all your possessions. It would be practically impossible to hide any evidence of drug use. Come on get real.

I'm not sure what you're responding to with this.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 11:16, critter wrote:
And with all this locally grown ganj, there still seems to be plenty of profit in it for the South Americans.

Oh yeah, and the Southeast Asian markets, the Middle Eastern markets... they may as well stop all smuggling to the US. It's not worth the risk since nobody here is buying any foreign weed.
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Critter
You are terribly misinformed. I suggest you do some serious homework before you make any more statements that contain no facts. If you do a simple Google search you will find that most of the pot smoked in this country is American grown. Pot growing is big business in Northern California, Oregon, and Washington state. I live in a populated area, and there are no booze bootleggers around here. Where do you live in the Ozarks?

FYI
I never saw a tobacco seed in my life, and neither did you.

Lobo
On this very page you said some nonsense about pot being illegal is the reason why there are very few marijuana related automobile accidents. When the truth of the matter is police go over accident scene's with a fine tooth comb, and look for incriminating evidence.
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 11:42, Al Angello wrote:
When the truth of the matter is police go over accident scene's with a fine tooth comb, and look for incriminating evidence.

No they don't. And even if they did it is possible to drive drunk, or stoned, without actually having drugs or alcohol in the car.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Possible yes. Probable not really. Both substances can be detected on your breath, and in a blood test. All police need for a blood test is suspicion, and an automobile accident constitutes suspicion. If you have been smoking in your car there is probably a roach in your ashtray, or a seed on your floor. Cops around here know very well what they are looking for.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Hi Al, et al.,

I am well aware of the circumstances under which the first prohibition of marijuana was passed by the House of Representatives.

But as Lobo and others have pointed out, the fact that marijuana or alcohol may be legal to use or illegal to use does not have much to do with whether it impairs driving or not. Would you fly in an airliner with a pot-smoking pilot? I don't think so. And I am not comfortable sharing the road with pot-smoking drivers.

I am reminded of a letter to the editor of the "Gallup Independent" published 20 or 25 years ago. The author, Conrad Rossebo, was one of the most prolific letter-writers to the editor. In this letter, which I still chuckle over when I remember it from time to time, he argued that drivers who were under the influence of alcohol were safer than sober drivers, because they drove more slowly and were aware they had to take extra care.

A fantasy, like so much else we read and hear today.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Woland
I agree with you totally don't drink and drive, don't smoke and drive, don't use you cell phone and drive, don't put makeup on and drive, don't listen to your ipod and drive, don't eat and drive, don't drink coffee and drive, don't look at pretty girls and drive, don't read and drive, don't day dream and drive, don't look at road signs and drive, and in general don't do anything else while you are driving except drive. Now that we have covered all the granny disclaimers do you really think anybody is listening?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 11:42, Al Angello wrote:
Critter
You are terribly misinformed. I suggest you do some serious homework before you make any more statements that contain no facts. If you do a simple Google search you will find that most of the pot smoked in this country is American grown. Pot growing is big business in Northern California, Oregon, and Washington state. I live in a populated area, and there are no booze bootleggers around here. Where do you live in the Ozarks?

FYI

How dare you make such ignorant assumptions about me?
Especially in light of not actually countering any of my arguments with a legitimate fact.
And I thought we were friends. Oh, well.
Unfortunately, when you find yourself incapable of rational discussion you resort to put-downs and lies.
And then you have the audacity to call others pathetic.

Quote:
I live in a populated area, and there are no booze bootleggers around here. Where do you live in the Ozarks?

Guess you didn't see it under my profile pic, but I also live in a populated area, and there are people with private stills and who homebrew. My kids' Godfather did when he lived here, and now he's moved somewhere less populated and still does. I've known at least four other people with stills, and I can't remember how many homebrew beer, but it's a lot. We have at least one shop dedicated entirely to homebrewing supplies is how popular it is here.

Quote:

Yes, I *** sure have. I have even seen a tobacco plant.

Quote:
You are terribly misinformed.

I am really, really not.

Quote:
I suggest you do some serious homework before you make any more statements that contain no facts. If you do a simple Google search you will find that most of the pot smoked in this country is American grown. Pot growing is big business in Northern California, Oregon, and Washington state.

And it's big business in Burma, Thailand, Afghanistan, etc. I never said there was no US production, or that production wasn't good in the US. What I said is that the US doesn't have a Monopoly on it. (Well, I didn't outright say it- but I thought it was pretty easy to infer from what I did say. Guess not.)
But most of the pot smoked in the US probably comes from Mexico. But, hey, that's just according to the actual experts and what do they know anyway?
Not everyone has a card to get the medicinal stuff.
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 11:56, Al Angello wrote:
Possible yes. Probable not really. Both substances can be detected on your breath, and in a blood test. All police need for a blood test is suspicion, and an automobile accident constitutes suspicion. If you have been smoking in your car there is probably a roach in your ashtray, or a seed on your floor. Cops around here know very well what they are looking for.

I know. A lot of it depends on the severity of the accident. Around here the cops don't even want to show up for a fender bender and when they finally do they typically are trying to get the heck out of there as soon as possible. A bad accident, yeah they are gonna do some digging. That's why it's wise to keep that stuff out of your car even if you do drive high. Even if you haven't taken a hit in three weeks, if two sober people have a collision and one has a roach in the ashtray or seeds on the floormats. That person is probably going to be blamed regardless.

Re; Seeds. Are you still smoking that 70's ditch weed loaded with seeds? What are you doing, sitting in your car in a parking lot cleaning that bunk on a Grateful Dead album cover? If your gonna smoke, step up to some sensimilla son.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Critter
We are still friends, but only a friend will tell you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Do a Google search and find out the real facts. I haven't seen Asian pot since 1972.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Driving on drugs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL