The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Driving on drugs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2548 Posts

Profile of critter
What's also funny is (in general) the Mexican stuff has more seeds than the home-grown. Somebody's not supporting their local economy... Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Only Sensimilla has no seeds. The amount of seeds has to do with the growing process not the georgaphy.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2548 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 12:20, Al Angello wrote:
Critter
We are still friends, but only a friend will tell you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Do a Google search and find out the real facts. I haven't seen Asian pot since 1972.

I have plenty of idea what I'm talking about. I don't rely on Google for my facts, but I did a search just for fun.
In the first hit on my Google search it said that one think tank estimates up to 2/3rds of the ganj smoked in the US comes from Mexico, another estimates anywhere from 40-67%
http://www.fronterasdesk.org/news/2011/j......ican-ca/
Of course, this is a non-academic source so I trust it about as far as I can throw a laptop, but it doesn't seem to support me being an ignorant yokel with no idea what I'z talking about.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2548 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 12:25, Al Angello wrote:
Only Sensimilla has no seeds. The amount of seeds has to do with the growing process not the georgaphy.

But we have a better growing process in the US because we have such fantastic horticulturists Smile
~Will Rogers
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 12:25, Al Angello wrote:

It also affects the potentcy.

I honestly don't know why weed is still illegal in most places. But I'll be willing to bet that when it is legalized a lot of the same restricions that are in place for most drugs will still be in place. I'm sure it will be illegal to operate a motor vehicle under the influence, employers will still forbid the use during working hours, etc. Which I think is reasonable. It's bound to open a can of worms because of how long it stays in the system. A person could be totally sober and still show high levels of THC in their system. Which may be one reason it remains illegal. It's hard to prove someone is actually high at any given time. Especially very seasoned smokers.

Do I think driving high is anywhere near as dangerous as driving drunk? No I don't. But personally I would prefer it if people refrained from doing it. Cause some people are better at it than others.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2548 Posts

Profile of critter
At the very least the Fed should follow the states in allowing medicinal marijuana (IMO).
Many of the nursing homes around here turned a blind eye to marijuana usage by the residents even before medical marijuana passed in Washington. One nurse stated it in terms of compassion for those who couldn't swallow a pill and didn't want another needle stuck in them. Of course, the staff never actively had anything to do with any illegal substances being administered, it's just that if they knew a family member was supplying it then they pretended they didn't know.
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Marlin & Critter
Hydroponic gardening was developed in Holland. Indoor domestic plants have no seeds and are many times times stronger than regular Mexican pot, which is why most Americans smokers prefer the American grown pot.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile
Room 101
-3 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1189 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 12:20, Al Angello wrote:
Critter
We are still friends, but only a friend will tell you that you don't have any idea what you are talking about. Do a Google search and find out the real facts. I haven't seen Asian pot since 1972.

Oh, good...we're still friends, Al, because you don't have any idea what you are talking about. At least with respect to the statement "All police need for a blood test is suspicion." That is a flat-out, 100% incorrect statement of constitutional law. What they need for a blood test is probable cause, which is a significantly higher standard than suspicion (even "reasonable particularized suspicion," which is the standard for other things).

With respect to the statement "a few of you finally get it" (with respect to legalization), just a heads-up that the few you're talking about doesn't include me; I've been in favor of legalized pot for roughly 25 years.

Last but not least...

Quote:
On 2012-06-05 11:42, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo
On this very page you said some nonsense about pot being illegal is the reason why there are very few marijuana related automobile accidents. When the truth of the matter is police go over accident scene's with a fine tooth comb, and look for incriminating evidence.

I can't imagine that any reasonable person could possibly disagree with statement about legality and number of accident, unless one were hopelessly blinded by ideology (in which case "reasonable" might not apply, anyway). But I'm willing to explore it. Which of these statements do you disagree with?

1. If pot were legal, more people would smoke it.

2. If more people smoked pot, more people would drive under the influence of pot.

3. If there were more drivers under the influence of pot, there would be more accidents involving drivers under the influence of pot.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 12:54, Al Angello wrote:
Marlin & Critter
Indoor domestic plants have no seeds and are many times times stronger than regular Mexican pot

Yes. Clearly I know that. Why you would feel the need to direct that towards me when you were the one talking about people having pot seeds on ther floorboards, and pot coming with it's own seeds, is a bit odd. But I appreciate it just the same.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
816 Posts

Profile of acesover
All the reports I read say marijuana does not play a significant role in traffic accidents or fatalities. Guess it is OK because it only causes a few accidents and does not kill that many people. Smile Well if that works for you who can disagree with such logic. Smile

Just a thought. I wonder how many marijuana users went on to coke or heroine...probably not a signifiant amount, only a few just like those who cause accidents not a signifant amount. Smile Definitely clear sailing light up and do it
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2548 Posts

Profile of critter
That's why American horticulturists are the best, because they take the best methods from around the world.
But most of the smokers I've known usually buy what's cheap, not what's good. That Alaskan and Californian stuff is an occasional indulgence for them when they get a bonus check or something. That non-academic article I linked seems to confirm this.
~Will Rogers
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lobo
In Pennsylvania taking people to the emergency room to extract a vile of blood after an accident or if someone that refuses to blow up a balloon after a DUI stop is SOP.

Acesover
The all reports evidence you refer to is extremely flimsy evidence, give me a break. The gateway drug theory was very widely believed fourty years ago. Do a Google search before you say silly things again.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15759 Posts

Profile of tommy
All the reports I have read say Americans will not have a pot to **** in soon.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
816 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 14:16, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo
In Pennsylvania taking people to the emergency room to extract a vile of blood after an accident or if someone that refuses to blow up a balloon after a DUI stop is SOP.

Acesover
The all reports evidence you refer to is extremely flimsy evidence, give me a break. The gateway drug theory was very widely believed fourty years ago. Do a Google search before you say silly things again.

Why is it flimsy? Give you a break because it does not fit your agenda. Please show me where driving under the influence of POT makes one a safer driver. Then I will give you a break and call it flimsy.

Lets see GateWay Theory. Let me ask you if you wanted to score illegal drugs would you go to a known pot pealer and ask if he knew someone? I would have to say yes to that question and WOW what a gateway to more potent drugs.

Of course to those who oppose restrictions on illegal drugs such as pot and coke do not think so. If pot makes one a better driver just think how safe it wil be to use heroine and coke. Eliminate accidents and traffie fatalatiies altogether. Oh wait I forgot booze still causes accidents just that pot causes less so pot it is better. Now how about you giving me a break with that line of reasoning. I can see the slogans for legalizing pot now. Legalize pot and outlaw booze and only kill half as many people in drug related auto accidents. But wouldn't just keeping potheads off the road cause less accidents than there are now? Forget about comparing the ratio to booze that does not matter. We are not talking about outlawing booze but rather taking about how pot causes accidents. Accidents that would not occur if pot were not used in the first place. POT still causes accidents.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15759 Posts

Profile of tommy
Potholes can be more than a nuisance. They can be a danger to cyclists.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 15:10, tommy wrote:
Potholes can be more than a nuisance. They can be a danger to cyclists.

Potheads too.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
15759 Posts

Profile of tommy
Judge by cause, not effect.

Tommy
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2012-06-05 15:31, tommy wrote:
Judge by cause, not effect.

Like the seed and the fruit my boy. The seed and the fruit.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Acesover
I really don't know what to say other than you simply don't get it.

Have a nice day
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Driving on drugs (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL