The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PENTALOGY By R.Shane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13139 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Firestarter, Shane is a personal friend to many of us, as is Dean (the publisher).
We all have different ways of expressing ourselves, but the general concern was to make sure that someone (not you) wasn't pirating the book.

We all have to look out for each other.

Tony
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 12:48, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
Firestarter, Shane is a personal friend to many of us, as is Dean (the publisher).
We all have different ways of expressing ourselves, but the general concern was to make sure that someone (not you) wasn't pirating the book.

We all have to look out for each other.

Tony
Fully understood Tony, just got it wrong.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17399 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm sorry if I misled anyone. I was considering selling my copy but that would have been foolish! Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 13:45, Slim King wrote:
I'm sorry if I misled anyone. I was considering selling my copy but that would have been foolish! Smile
Very sorry slim ,i misunderstood you, to tell you the truth wish I had not put in on now, thought I was sharing something with other's, and have even been thanked for reviving it but seems I will be getting grief now on the Amanda thread.If you have the book then I would not sell it, from the sample its very good material so the book must be fab,all the best.
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Yeah I bought this after reading the sample on Deans site. Tons of stuff and worth more than you'll pay for it. I am also glad its getting some attention.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Please can this thread be reported and removed,many thanks.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17399 Posts

Profile of Slim King
FS ... These forums are often filled with misunderstandings. I thought you were pushing for some free piracy exposure stuff ... No problems here I don't think...The book has good things in it.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4117 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Free piracy exposure stuff ... No worries I would not do that,just want this all removed now.
RShane
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of RShane
Hello, everyone!

Speak of the devil and lo! He appears. Or at least his step-nephew, twice removed on his mother's side.

My dear and ever-lovin' brother sent me this chain of messages and I thought I might better hadda oughta make an appearance.

Firestarter (real name known only to God and the DMV) didn't steal. What he quoted has been a sample at Leaping Gizzards for a while now. The only thing he did wrong, if you want to call it that, was not clarify the source immediately so everyone would know what was going on. FS, it's all good.

To everyone else... Okay, ya got me by the goodies. I never knew I had such staunch defenders or honestly did anything that meant something to anyone, let alone some of the august personages in this thread and the other. Dr. Steve, Tony, Ron, all of you. I owe you some thanks.

Here's where I get thrown out of the Café for hijacking a thread, but I'll likely not be this way for another five years and, besides, Steve may forgive me this once.

"Life is tough. It's tougher if you're stupid." -- John Wayne

I was writing an email to announce the closure of Visions and my retirement from magic, both the writing and performing there of, when Ron sent this thread to me. Health issues messing with me and the challenge is stiff. Standing is a no-go, breathing is something I'm trying to relearn -- and getting better at as I go, so Blaine's Buried Alive record will stand a bit more -- and memory gaps come and go that are as big as my ex's... automobile.

"Life it tough. Wear a cup." -- Dennis Miller

So I said to myself, to myself said I, "Enough. It's time to give it up."

What "it"? Well, come to find out, it was the wrong "it". I was giving up something I STILL enjoy, dammit, and something I can STILL contribute to, and people I didn't know gave a tinker's... whatever a tinker gives people.

Sorry, guys. Didn't know you were there. Let me wrap up.

Thanks for everything you showed me when ya didn't even know I was looking. Love you all. And I owe you all. Now, if you'll excuse me, I've got some reviews to write (OMG, like, what IS some of this, like, junk, people are putting, like, out!) and I think I can remember where I left off on the third volume of the last series I was writing, and I really wanna try to get Green's laser deal down before I go to bed.

Thanks for the thoughts, for the second wind, and for letting me know I've got stuff to do.

"I've got too many laughs left to cry." -- Harlan Ellison

I'm R. Shane, the one and only (unless you count that weird experiment-thing I tried in high school), and I approve this message.

Thanks again.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1656 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
How nice to read this thread. It had the potential (lots of potential) to degenerate into something far less mature than it did. My hats off to everyone for such a professional thread...looking out for the best for all. Nice!

Thanks,

David
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
How cool to have RShane,come in for a visit! Smile

I love...'Spooky'!

Gary
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
docsteve
View Profile
Inner circle
1831 Posts

Profile of docsteve
Smile
[
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
Nice indeed!
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
If not for this thread I would not know of such wonderful magic that is held in this book. I will be buying it this weekend. ty for posting this.
Tim Dowd
View Profile
Special user
...Making the Magic Happen!
940 Posts

Profile of Tim Dowd
Was on the fence, downloaded last night... Didn't get much sleep
Timothy Dowd
...Making the Magic Happen!
http://www.timothydowd.com
http://vimeo.com/channels/mymagic
These are my points of view; I accept no responsibility for your interpretation of what I just said...
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
It certainly gives food for thought regarding effects and presentations. If not for the free sample, I wouldnt have had an idea of the treasures contained within.
MagiChrisMitch
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of MagiChrisMitch
This is a great book. So many ideas and great presentations. There's lots of content and I have gained much knowledge by reading Pentalogy. You'll be glad to get this one.

CHRIS
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Wonderful to have Shane post here, and though he may never post again, I wish him a quick return to good health.

I'm happy to have a hardbound copy of the book. Something I can see on the shelf and take down, hold and enjoy reading and using.

I certainly have my share of PDF's, but I find I read my books more often and don't read a PDF for long at any one time.

Am I alone in this?

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
AltonThrash
View Profile
Special user
Ridgeland, MS
588 Posts

Profile of AltonThrash
I love my physical books too Andre.. Pentology is one.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
Alas I do not have the room for more hard copy books. pdf seems to make it easy for me to add to the libray without taking more space in our already crowded home. young children have no respect for personal property lol.

but I have bought the pdf of this book and all I can say is WOW! this man has a twisted warped beautiful mind. some of the routines I have read so far would give me nightmares should I have seen them performed and not just read them.

I look forward to playing with them when I get home tonight.

thank you for the reviews on this thread as I would have over looked a treasure trove of chills and thrills.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » PENTALOGY By R.Shane (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL