The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Eric Diddlemen (sp) Wows them on AGT (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3988 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Yes, but waynwe made a weak performance...
What he did was obvious.
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
Woodfield
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of Woodfield
Who's waynewe?
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 10:39, Woodfield wrote:
Who's waynewe?

I think he was referring to Wayne Hoffman.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Does anyone know what show Wayne was on (only seen him on Phenomenon) where Howard "exposed" him?
DT3
View Profile
Inner circle
Hill Valley
1920 Posts

Profile of DT3
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 12:05, Decomposed wrote:
Does anyone know what show Wayne was on (only seen him on Phenomenon) where Howard "exposed" him?

It was on Stern's radio show.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 09:45, TonyBrand wrote:
Knowing that he attended one of Bob's lectures is good to hear and I hope young Dittleman goes very far in this competition.

-Tony

Actually it was a three day workshop (which I'll be doing again later his year.[/-plug]).

Eric has made wonderful progress and I'm confident that he has what it takes to get through the competition. I think he has a great career ahead of him in mentalism.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Great! just about as good as anything you will see under those constraints, excellent!

hope he does well
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 12:17, DT3 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. Eric is a done deal. He will make the finals and get a show in Vegas. How many original acts do you see on there?
TonyBrand
View Profile
Special user
Chicago, IL
508 Posts

Profile of TonyBrand
Not very many, to be honest. I'm gunning for Eric and hope he can make an even stronger impression in Vegas.
TJ Halford
View Profile
Elite user
431 Posts

Profile of TJ Halford
That was an awesome performance. Does anyone know what particular routine this is or if it is one of his own creation?
TJ Halford

"Imagine what is Possible"
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-06-06 16:55, TJ Halford wrote:
That was an awesome performance. Does anyone know what particular routine this is or if it is one of his own creation?

Respectfully, I think you need to do a bit more reading in mentalism classics.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
It's by no means an original routine, it's exactly the same as another (including little touches and nuances), I was practicing this last week with dollar coins instead, which is in turn, not all original as it is regarding a blindfold

surprised by the judges' reactions, really glad they liked it,

not sure what I think about tipping what routines are in public, maybe in inner thoughts? what are the rules on that?
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 16:41, Decomposed wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 12:17, DT3 wrote:
Quote:

Thanks. Eric is a done deal. He will make the finals and get a show in Vegas. How many original acts do you see on there?

Was what Eric done original?
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

We absolutely DO NOT need to be discussing methods for this on a public forum. Eric did a fine job last night and it is to be expected that many will now want to copy him. But we don't need to encourage that here.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
Please no one talk about how this is done. That is not what this is about. Original in this is the year for mentalists on AGT or BGT. Never had they had them on these shows before. This is a great moment for all of us performing.

He got the routine done in the very limited time restraints of AGT and killed the entire nation. Everyone is talking about it. Even Kathie Lee is talking about Andrew Deleon. This is where performers go to 6 figures overnight. Five figure shows will be the norm and not the exception.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Very true Bob but I don't know if it is just me but all mentalists seem to do the same stuff over and over already.

However I would never directly copy anyone I will use British coins instead!

Britain's got talent had a mentalist on it before. I maybe wrong but I doubt very much fees go up to 6 figures just because you appeared on the UK one. I don't think it makes any difference unless you get far in the competition.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
No need to copy anyone. COme on MP. Its the presentation Eric got the accolades for, not the blindfold act. This is what he uses in college shows. Let him move onto Vegas and see what he comes up with next.

Eric will make the finals, just you wait and see. When have you seen mentalists on AGT or BGT before MP?

Colin was on BGT. don't know how far he went this year.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
On 2012-06-06 17:18, mindpunisher wrote:
However I would never directly copy anyone I will use British coins instead!

50p doesn't fit so well :S

what he did was actually a fairly accurate copy now I think about it,

really enjoyed him though, learnt a lot about the routine, keep us posted here please, means I don't have to sit through it all,
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Decomposed I thought he did a really good job. But I honestly didn't see anything original in the presentation. It really was straight forward. However originality is sometimes over valued. I hope he does make it really far but I am rooting for the talking parrot myself...that parrot had developed a great character... Now if ~IT could do blind fold work!!! that would be original! So long as it didn't squak later.
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
I see your point MP. Sigh. This type of competition is really tough for a mentalist to pull off. Magicians use huge stage props and mentalists are basically magicians, say what you want but that is how the public and laymen see it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Eric Diddlemen (sp) Wows them on AGT (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..11~12~13 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL