The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Green Jobs - Government definitions are a fraud! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Hi Danny!

:eek:
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 17:19, mastermindreader wrote:
Hi Woland!

I was just thinking- since most of us have predictable positions on all of the political and religious stuff that we're not supposed to talk about anyway, why don't we just devise a simple shorthand that allows us to show up and get our two cents in without overly annoying one another?

For example, an appropriate smiley could get our position across. For this thread I would just post:

:huh:

Danny made a similar proposition a while back to number our arguments. That way we can just take position #12 and be done with it.
The notion caught on for a short time but died out. Maybe it's time to bring it back!
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Yes, I agree. Also, thumbs down and thumbs up smilies would be helpful. Anyone know where to find them?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 17:45, mastermindreader wrote:
Yes, I agree. Also, thumbs down and thumbs up smilies would be helpful. Anyone know where to find them?

You do these things :: like any other smiley and put "thumbsup" in the middle. Not sure about thumbs down though. Let me try it:
:thumbsdown:

Hey! It worked!
:thumbsup:
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19822 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes Bob I was yelled at for my idea. Here it is though. (To be fair it was the Canadians that had the most problems with it. Along with Jonathan LOL.)

Anyhow there is an old joke about war buddies who have been meeting weekly for decades and figured out they were telling the same jokes. They end up just numbering the jokes and calling out the numbers. Everyone laughs because they remember the numbers. Well a new guy wants to join so they tell him to go home and memorise the jokes and come back the next week. Well after about 40 minutes he deceides to try to fit in so he calls out 32. Nobody laughs. He calls out 12 and nobody laughs and he is now sort of angry. He says "guys you said I could join you and I memorised all the jokes what is wrong?" The guy who invited him simply said "Some guys can tell jokes and some can't."

So that got me to thinking that we should just number the positions.

As for smiley faces I do not find them very manly so I have NEVER used on and never will.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Quote:
On 2012-06-07 18:04, Dannydoyle wrote:

As for smiley faces I do not find them very manly so I have NEVER used on and never will.

:thumbsdown:
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
Hi Bob and Danny,

When I read Bob's post, above, I also immediately thought of that joke. But Danny beat me to it.

When I heard it, though, it was told about convicts in the penitentiary.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Critter-

:thumbsup:
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Woland-

32!
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 18:13, mastermindreader wrote:
Woland-

32!

32! = 263,130,836,933,694,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

That's some list of jokes you've memorized, Bob!

(In all fairness, however, you did pick a good one, and told it well.)
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1189 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 18:38, S2000magician wrote:
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 18:13, mastermindreader wrote:
Woland-

32!

32! = 263,130,836,933,694,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

That's some list of jokes you've memorized, Bob!

(In all fairness, however, you did pick a good one, and told it well.)

This isn't the number I got. Must be a rounding thing.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Wait 'til you hear 32! + X

I can't tell you the value of X here, though, because some consider the comment rather lewd.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4755 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2012-06-07 18:04, Dannydoyle wrote:

Anyhow there is an old joke about war buddies who have been meeting weekly for decades and figured out they were telling the same jokes. They end up just numbering the jokes and calling out the numbers. Everyone laughs because they remember the numbers. Well a new guy wants to join so they tell him to go home and memorise the jokes and come back the next week. Well after about 40 minutes he deceides to try to fit in so he calls out 32. Nobody laughs. He calls out 12 and nobody laughs and he is now sort of angry. He says "guys you said I could join you and I memorised all the jokes what is wrong?" The guy who invited him simply said "Some guys can tell jokes and some can't."

Pssht. You told it all wrong. It's a round table of Borscht Belt comedians, and the numbers are 24 and 67.
Woland
View Profile
Special user
680 Posts

Profile of Woland
The numbers are pi and phi.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Green Jobs - Government definitions are a fraud! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL