The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why do people keep doing crime in front of cage fighters? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
This is not the first time this has happened:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mma-cagewr......532.html
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19822 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Hmmm the guy has a July 21st fight and this happens. Makes me think.

Odd how the article leads with his July fight.

Publicity for wanning ratings?

Guess I am too cynical.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11160 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Quote:
On 2012-06-08 03:14, Dannydoyle wrote:
Hmmm the guy has a July 21st fight and this happens. Makes me think.

Odd how the article leads with his July fight.

Publicity for wanning ratings?

Guess I am too cynical.

I'm with you there. So often I see something in the news about some celebrity fail and immediately start looking for a publicity manager hiding in the bushes.
~michael baker
The Magic Company
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
Well I think this is the third or fourth UFC fighter in the last two or so years to have stopped a criminal. It does seem strange that with the relatively few numbers of UFC fighters they seem to run into crime scenes pretty regularly. They're lucky it wasn't ever Forrest Griffin though, because he probably would have just shot them Smile
Maybe wishful thinking, but I hope it's real because that means the UFC is secretly a team of highly trained superheroes- like Batman without the gadgets. (Except for the ones who are super-villians, like Chael.)
~Will Rogers
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
As the article notes, according to Ring, it was an unknown bystander (not a UFC fighter) who "did most of the work in subduing the assailants". In any case, more about the story here:

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/calgar......ory.html

I won't say that this sort of thing is common hereabouts, but nor is it the first time I have heard about regular citizens in Calgary stepping in to stop assaults like this.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
The bystander was Rickson Gracie in disguise Smile
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19822 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes 4 times in 2 years. Giannini boxers are there, wrestlers, football players, hockey, well you get the idea? How many times do you dead of ANY other sports stars with a big game coming up, doing this?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
I'm picturing all kinds of scenarios with baseball bats and stuff. Vigalante pro athletes. Hmm...

~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19822 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes Casey Jones is an interesting hero.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
It does follow a pattern when small time athletes gets in the news for doing good deeds.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
seadog93
View Profile
Inner circle
3198 Posts

Profile of seadog93
I'm holding out for the superhero hypothesis.
...also that Chael is secretly a super-nice, modest - even self-affacing, liberal democrat superhero who fights crime on the down-low with his partner Anderson Silva.

Who are the other fighters?
I remember hearing about Jon Jones (also suspiciously close to an upcoming fight).
"Love is the magician who pulls man out of his own hat" - Ben Hecht

"Love says 'I am everything.' Wisdom says 'I am nothing'. Between the two, my life flows." -Nisargadatta Maharaj

Seadog=C-Dawg=C.ou.rtn.ey Kol.b
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2549 Posts

Profile of critter
MMA fighters Brent Alvarez and Bill Denney stopped a robbery, but they don't fight for the UFC. So my memory was off a little on that one. I thought I vaguely recalled someone else who fought for Jackson (besides Jones, whom you remember correctly) stopping some mugging too.
It wasn't a mugging or robbery, but Urijah Faber was attacked in a bar and had to fight his way out of a massive brawl.
I also see stories of some other non-UFC MMA guys here and there.
I think the Gracies have reported a few so when I have a minute I'll go through my old newsletters and see if anything pops up.
~Will Rogers
ringmaster
View Profile
Inner circle
Memphis, Down in Dixie
1673 Posts

Profile of ringmaster
I don't knowe, but I'm all for it.
Best thing to happen sence perps started filming their crimes and posting them on facebook.
Less than 2% of reported UFO's turn out to be actual interplanetary vehicles.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5691 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Holy Freakin' Coincidence Batman! Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Why do people keep doing crime in front of cage fighters? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL