The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Scanner (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
I consider The Scanner to be one of the most innocent imp. device/pad you will ever come across.

It is perfect for real time and pre-show.

The reset takes about 5 seconds.

It uses an ordinary pen/pencil.

It is very low tech and costs next to nothing to make.

I use it all the time to read minds close-up and even stage!

When purchasing The Scanner you will also get access to a secret forum where we will discuss everything about The Scanner.

What they are saying about The Scanner:

"José has discovered a method for an impression device that is very deceptive and almost impossible to detect. It is a useful alternative that some may find suits them better than the existing methods, including my own. I recommend giving it a try." - Thom Bleasdale creator of Tommy Pad

"Another winner from the devious mind of Jose Prager!" - Tom Mohan
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
José is a clever thinker/creator. His Duplo and Peeki have been wonderful to use.

I know we can't compare IMP devices because everyone has different needs, but can The Scanner be used in a pad like the Butterfly?
Prager
View Profile
Inner circle
e-Mentalism.com
1852 Posts

Profile of Prager
Yes it can be used in a pad like the Butterfly in fact it is designed to be used on a note pad.

:)

Many thanks for your kind words.

Please send me a PM.
Jose Prager
The man who knows how to amuse and mystify

www.e-mentalism.com
Secret products for mentalists.
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I sent José a PM with questions that most likely seemed like I was fishing. That wasn't my intention, I'm just familiar with IMP pads ( not a professional by an stretch, just a dedicated hobbyist/sometime paid performer ) and didn't need another "oh, that's kind of clever" method.

He offered to let me look at what he's come up with. The problem with that is if I don't like it I have to say so. He was fine with that as long as I could detail why I didn't like it. That was fair to me.

I read it ( was surprised ) and made it up. I actually had the materials here because of the grandkids being in school. The instructions were clear as too what to do. I looked up at the clock to get an estimation of a first time construction, keeping in mind that over time it would get easier to do. It took 4 minutes. If it wasn't for arthritis, I could have done it faster.

I tried it on myself and the bloody thing works. I took it next door to a magic pal's to try it out. I used a horrific looking pen. Weird shape, colors, etc. As expected, he asked to see the pen to figure out how it got the information. I wasn't doing a gag, but he knows magic and I didn't want the pad to be questioned. But it was funny.

The Scanner is organic, simple to use and as much as I love billet work and peek wallets, this is hands down the fastest, stealth getting information device I have used.

A plain, ordinary looking pad and pen allows for obtaining information in the fastest, most casual manor possible. I love sneaky, electronic high-tech, but if I can go sneaky, organic low-tech, that's the path I take. José Prager's Scanner is the real deal!
Sean Fields
View Profile
V.I.P.
Winnipeg
889 Posts

Profile of Sean Fields
I am interested... Jose, if you want another opinion, hit me up! Smile
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
This is a really brilliant idea! I can see me using this a lot
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
music
View Profile
Special user
559 Posts

Profile of music
How is the reset, can you do it without leaving the room?
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1524 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2012-07-03 21:40, music wrote:
How is the reset, can you do it without leaving the room?

A fast reset, done in private.
The inexpensive nature of the device means that it would make sense to have a few to hand if you need to repeat the effect (to different people/groups, one would hope) in quick succession.
But it takes about five seconds at most to reset.
T.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
You get good milage from each use before reset (in some ways)

reset is pretty invisible really if you can time it right, I can reset it REASONABLY successful just when turning the page for someone else to write something down
Simon (Ted) Edwards
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1524 Posts

Profile of Simon (Ted) Edwards
Quote:
On 2012-07-07 14:11, Olympic Adam wrote:
You get good milage from each use before reset (in some ways)

reset is pretty invisible really if you can time it right, I can reset it REASONABLY successful just when turning the page for someone else to write something down

In some environments this might work but bear in mind, Adam, that one of the five senses might detect the reset if the conditions were not right. I hope you get what I mean from that Smile

T.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1253 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Quote:
In some environments this might work but bear in mind, Adam, that one of the five senses might detect the reset if the conditions were not right. I hope you get what I mean from that Smile

T.

yes lol, something to consider now
mwmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
247 Posts

Profile of mwmagic
Used the Nabble link in the pdf and it did not access the forum.
It merely went to the Nabble create a forum page.
Anyone have a clue how to access this forum?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Scanner (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL