The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mnemonics (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bevbevvybev
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2674 Posts

Profile of bevbevvybev
Could anyone point me in the direction of some good memory books i.e. methods and such?
The Paranormalist
View Profile
Special user
United Kingdom
702 Posts

Profile of The Paranormalist
One of the best: Harry Lorayne's - The Memory Book, available from Amazon.

Franklin - The Paranormalist
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
I second Franklin's word.

It's also inexpensive and a useful tool - both in magic and everyday life.

Kindest Regards,
-George Tait
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
MarkFarrar
View Profile
Veteran user
U.S.A.
376 Posts

Profile of MarkFarrar
You could also try the Memletics Accelerated Learning System, available at http://www.memletics.com/default.asp?ref=550100.
Mark S. Farrar

Email: [email]MarkFarrar@TheMagicCircle.co.uk[/email]
Web: www.MagicSquaresBook.com, www.RandMPublishing.com, www.TheDailyGoalMachine.com, www.ParvoBuster.com
mystic1
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of mystic1
This thread should be in the "inner" area rathter than exposed for the general public.
Scott Cram
View Profile
Inner circle
2678 Posts

Profile of Scott Cram
All the sites and books that were listed are freely available to anyone who is interested in these topics. If someone is searching for "memory improvement", they'll find almost all these resources before they find this thread listed on Google.
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
What is this inner circle, anyway? I've been performing magic for 18 years, mentalism for 1 year. How do I get access to this inner circle? I think I protect and develop the art much enough to have a place there.
Frank Tougas
View Profile
Inner circle
Minneapolis, MN
1712 Posts

Profile of Frank Tougas
It is another forum regarding mentalism located in the secrets area. If you have read the rules of the Café, you will find that fifty relevant posts will open this area up for you.

A relevant post is one that actively adds to the topic. Greetings and general comments will be deleted from post counts so make sure you don't count these.

In the secrets area, discussion on methods is allowed (with certain restrictions), so take a moment to investigate the rules and expectations. This is a great forum, I am sure you will enjoy.
Frank Tougas The Twin Cities Most "Kid Experienced" Children's Performer :"Creating Positive Memories...One Smile at a Time"
Harris0n
View Profile
Loyal user
leeds uk
290 Posts

Profile of Harris0n
The Memory Page is a great online resource:

http://www.thememorypage.net/
"There are times when the truth is necessary and times when myth-making is necessary." Nick Cave
fleischer
View Profile
New user
Sweden
91 Posts

Profile of fleischer
Thank you for the clarification Frank! (realizing this post wont count)

/håkan
drosenbe0813
View Profile
Elite user
Long Island, NY
405 Posts

Profile of drosenbe0813
I purchased Harry Lorayne's Super memory power book and cassettes on E-bay.

I also have a computer based program based on the same material from http://www.leadersoft.com
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
I use Kevin Trudeau's Mega Memory System. For me it took the ideas of mnemonic systems to "the next level" of usability.

Cheers,

Tom
Ian Rowland
View Profile
Special user
London
889 Posts

Profile of Ian Rowland
I'd recommend anything by Dominic O'Brien. He's won the world memory championship more times than anyone else, and I think his methods are better than Lorayne's and his books are better written.
www.ianrowland.com . Working Magic.
Socrates
View Profile
Regular user
197 Posts

Profile of Socrates
Having read memory books by both Harry Lorayne and Dominic O'Brien I feel that niether author is superior to the other in any way.

As always I've found that it's best for me to read as much as possible on a certain subject and then find my own method by experimenting with the concepts that I've read about.

Socrates

'We are born unarmed, our mind is our only weapon' - Ayn Rand Smile
Sven Rygh
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway.
1945 Posts

Profile of Sven Rygh
Hi
Do any of you have any suggestions on books on mnemo techniques not that orientated or attached to just the English language?
Most of the systems I have seen, use English tags. That's fine, but it's a bit complicated to think in English and remember in Norwegian, if you get my point?
Smile
Many years ago, I owned a book by Tony Buzan translated into Norwegian, but I actually forgot where I put it (That much for mnemonics, eh? Smile )

Any advices would be higly appreciated

Regards
Sven
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mnemonics (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL