The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WWW.mylovelyassistant.com reveiws (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I used to like this site. They 'used' to have reviewers like David Acar and Brad Henderson.

I go there and I see John Kennedy's Animated Cigarette reviewed and it gets a bad review. The reviewer says "maybe its because I am beginner but this effect is really hard to do".

WHAT? Why is he reviewing anything other than what his high school Caféteria served that day?

http://www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/3091
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5902 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Well, he does give a beginner's point of view. That might add to their, or be useful to their members. I would agree if that were the only reviewers they had it would be unfortunate. Still, many sites survive just fine with newbies only.
pennjarr
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of pennjarr
The reviews when I hit the homepage used to be generally very thorough. More recently the reviews have been much more mixed, I think that some people join and then make it their mission to post as many 'reviews' as possible. Often I have read opinions that amount to just a few words, and don't appear to meet any of the criteria of what could be called a review.
The site does provide a good resource with so many products listed, I think you just need to sift through the reviews a bit more than you used too.
Bardo
View Profile
New user
England
45 Posts

Profile of Bardo
I agree - it used be a really good site. Certainly has gone off recently.
magicHart
View Profile
Special user
Las Vegas, Nevada
548 Posts

Profile of magicHart
It certainly doesn't have much punch! You get much better and broader feeling from Café members!
BlueOwl
View Profile
Regular user
Dayton, Ohio
105 Posts

Profile of BlueOwl
The issue seems to stem from the difference between official and user-submitted reviews. Official reviews will highlighted by a blue box and labeled "Official Review." The review that Zombie Magic took issue with is a user-submitted review. If you got to the "Reviews" tab you can select "Official" which will bring up a list of official reviews starting with the newest. Recent official reviewers include Joe Diamond, Jeff Stone, James Sanden and others.

~ Nathan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » WWW.mylovelyassistant.com reveiws (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL