The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Electric floating and glowing ball (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Andrew McMillan
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
63 Posts

Profile of Andrew McMillan
Hi All

Anyone got one of these?

http://www.nexusmagicstore.com/electric-......ick.html

If you do, please let me know what you think. I only have a standard no brand name aliminium zombie I bought in the 80s (made in Canada) and would like to find a presentation where the ball floats in front of and behind a cloth. I gather some presentations of this effect which enable the ball to float in front use a mag*** gimmick, however I can't find any useful information about alternative methods to make an informed buying opinion. If anyone has a link to a demo of this effect please let me know. I'd like to see it in action.

Andrew
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Trick Productions is a company in Europe. They make a number of products, most are not that good, as they make them out of plastic. The only product not made of plastic is their rope gimmick.

This may work as stated, but I doubt that you would be very happy with the product you receive.

I have a few of their products and most do not work for me.

This is a new product, that is why you cannot find much information on this effect. They do provide some videos of their products, but the ones that get all the bad reviews are the products without a demo video. So going by their previous track record, I would not spend that kind of money on a product with such a thin explanation.

It is against the rules of the Café to expose the working of magic tricks in open forums, thus I cannot comment on the working of this effect. If that is what you are looking for, it is not possible to tell you.
Andrew McMillan
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
63 Posts

Thanks for your reply.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Andrew:

This appears to be a standard Zombie to me. Notice how quickly they gloss over the "floating in front" part of the explanation. If they provide anything more than a standard Zombie gimmick, I would be very surprised.

Jim
Andrew McMillan
View Profile
New user
Melbourne Australia
63 Posts

Hey Jim

As I have the standard zombie myself I'm curious how the ball could float in front of the cloth without seeing the gimmick. ? Possibly there are other methods out there but I'm not aware of them. It would have to be another method wouldn't it, otherwise it would be false advertising if the standard gimmick could be seen?

Andrew
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Andrew, look up the trick called "Astrosphere".
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Electric floating and glowing ball (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL