The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » David Blaine's Teaching Card Magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I'm not sure what group this is that David is talking to. I do know that while many of us will think it's a simple trick, but it's actually quite advanced. The group he's showing will NEVER be able to do it. Think if you didn't know card magic, you'd never remember what he actually taught. It would be a jumble in your mind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jI89cqfjYVo&feature=related
mindexplorer
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of mindexplorer
I think you can look at the expression on the lady in red and you will get a good indication of how many there will be able to recreate this. At least he didn't try to explain how to false shuffle. This one as presented gets pretty close to the "card trick that my uncle used to do" with all of the different procedures required.
IanL
View Profile
New user
Washington State
83 Posts

Profile of IanL
Looking at their faces, I don't think the staff of Esquire are going to start exposing magic in their magazine. They were pretty puzzled.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Looked to me like they were disappointed in the pedestrian explanation. I think he just lowered himself a couple of notches in this audience's estimation.
Olympic Adam
View Profile
Inner circle
1259 Posts

Profile of Olympic Adam
Nice to see, I don't think there is fear of exposure or anything here, the thing I see as a problem is that since he does a lot of card material, it might lessen the thing he relies on in their minds in particular,

if he didn't use them so much it wouldn't be an issue

it still came off as genuinely impressive though, good to get in his head just a little bit to see how he can explain
Protection for mind readers and mentalists: http://tricksofthemind.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » David Blaine's Teaching Card Magic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL