The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Hyrum vs. Glorpy (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
FrankFindley
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
John Cornelius created a version using an ungimmicked hanky. He presented it in a lecture at an Abbott Get Together in the mid 1980s. It is an especially fun version to do for other magicians given their preconceived notions. Smile
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21944 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Frank, the solid ball illusion is not the creation of John Cornelius, he was performing it, I believe because no one else was. It uses an ordinary men's handkerchief, and a gimmick you add and remove during presentation. You could hit the top of the puffed up hank with a spoon to show it was solid. Then place your hand on top of the hank move your hand in a circular motion, like you were rolling around on a ball.

I got my 1st one in the early 1970's from Harry Stanley's Unique Magic Studio in London England. It came with a different gimmick that allowed the a movement effect. It is stored away, or else I could find the name they had for it. I purchased John's from him at lecture many years ago.

I read, John just passed away recently, so sad, another great magician's magic wand has broken. Wondered why I could never contact him over the years.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
FrankFindley
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of FrankFindley
Bill, thanks for the history. Funny, a video showing the classic hank effect popped into my youtube feed earlier this week: https://youtu.be/M7k2MwbPm2M

Wow. Daryl, Aldo, Johnny, Marshall, and now John... so many I've learned so much from...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Hyrum vs. Glorpy (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL