We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Permit requirements for Basel (Switzerland) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
thinks time to practice and stop writing
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Hello,

I am planning on losing my busking virginity in Switzerland. Does anyone know what permits are required? I will be in Basel.

Many thanks,

Danny
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
I post these for what they are worth:
in case anyonbe else has the same question.
http://www.swissinfo.ch/eng/culture/Base......32520278

http://worldradio.ch/wrs/news/switzerlan......ml?30317
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day Djurmann
The 2 links you provided are helpful in understanding the situation in that city.
Those are some pretty complex rules for buskers.
But they appear to be specificly related to musicians and as a response to large groups of noisy and poor quality musicians.
It would seem that:
* no permit is required
* and it reads like if you are presenting a performance that is not amplified and is actually entertaining and not upsetting people who live in the area that you may not be bothered.

I will be attending FISM next month and will be traveling through the UK, Ireland and parts of Europe late July and August and plan to do some busking along the way - I will see if I can make it to Basel and see how it works out.
I will be interested to hear how your busking goes.
Bob Latta (aka Troppo Bob)
The Great Zoobini
View Profile
Elite user
Boulder, Colorado
442 Posts

Profile of The Great Zoobini
Not just Basel but Luzern, Zürich, and others are following suit...
Meet you in Busker Alley Smile
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Can you recommend a good location? I was thinking next to the Rhein by the Mittelbrucke on the Claraplatz side.....though I am not sure that there will be many families there to get the party started. Marktplatz or Barfusser platz is also a possibility I suppose though rather scarier for a first timer!

Danny
djurmann
View Profile
Inner circle
1481 Posts

Profile of djurmann
Should anyone else be going Basel-wards I saw some buskers yesterday at the above location....they were good admittedly but no one moved them on.....indeed they were applauded, so the new regulations may not be particularly enforced...just there if they need them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Permit requirements for Basel (Switzerland) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL