The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sanchez Fly by David Gabbay (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8733 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
"Sanchez fly uses a common coin gimmick you already have and has been tediously routined to start clean, end clean and instantly reset, making it a true "Real Worker."

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/S14446

David performs it here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIpoCVsOe2I
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I have this and really like it. It is the first 3 fly I have learned and it is very attainable even for someone new to coin magic.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Not a fan.
Although plenty of nice clean moments, the HUGE problem is that the hands come together and switch coins at every single phase. All completely unjustified and thus muddies the effect.
I imagine the use of the gimmick could be reworked into a much more direct handling and effect, but that's all just IMHO.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Agreed but think it can defenitely be reworked to suit all
MeetMagicMike
View Profile
Inner circle
Gainesville Fl
3504 Posts

Profile of MeetMagicMike
I judge my tricks by how long the "street cred" shot is. This is a real winner. Over thirty seconds of walking around an urban environment and then he picks up his coins from a pile of leaves. I've got to get this!
Magic Mike

MeetMagicMike.com

I took the Pledge
Perl
View Profile
Veteran user
Taiwan
376 Posts

Profile of Perl
Quote:
On 2012-06-15 22:36, gdw wrote:
the HUGE problem is that the hands come together and switch coins at every single phase. All completely unjustified and thus muddies the effect.
I imagine the use of the gimmick could be reworked into a much more direct handling and effect, but that's all just IMHO.

JUst as you've said. I am sure we can work out a presentation easily to justify all that switching actions. The core of this coin magic is real worker. Simple, fast-paced and effective.

I like it!

Perl
tester2006
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of tester2006
Can this be done with any size coins and what is the skill level?
ted french
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus Ohio
1946 Posts

Profile of ted french
It looked good live when I saw it at IMX
P3
practice practice perform.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
This would work with half dollar or dollar sized coins and a matching ]. I am new to coin magic and I didn't find it that difficult to learn. Hope that helps.
tester2006
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of tester2006
Thanks Paul. You are a gentleman and a scholar!
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
I think 3fly is prob one of my fave plots in coin magic, this looks interesting, I'll prob pick it up after my next gig
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
The hardest part for me so far doing this is the last move...that sandwich move...I can get it probably 1 out of ever 15 times I try it...I don't know what I am doing wrong and its driving me nuts
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
Try licking your fingers first. Once get used to doing it that way then try doing it with the squeeze method.
Daniel Clemente
View Profile
Special user
Mount Joy, PA
790 Posts

Profile of Daniel Clemente
Ok I'll try it...overall I like the idea of the effect besides that one issue I was having
Barrett_James
View Profile
Loyal user
Southern Arizona
242 Posts

Profile of Barrett_James
Quote:
On 2012-06-16 23:09, MeetMagicMike wrote:
I judge my tricks by how long the "street cred" shot is. This is a real winner. Over thirty seconds of walking around an urban environment and then he picks up his coins from a pile of leaves. I've got to get this!

HAHAHAHAHA!!! ROFL!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA! DadGum It Magic Mike I have never shot water out of my nose soooooo hard from laughing! Someone PLEASE place this into a "Best of..." comments list. Well Played Sir, WELL PLAYED!

p.s. I will be stealing this comment for use at our next S.A.M. meeting (and not giving you credit!) ;-]

Regards,

Barrett James
"...let us now rejoin our foolish friends and commence the book properly." G.H.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Looks nice, but like many videos a little hard to judge since you're not seeing a continuous performance.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2543 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
I know there are a lot of edits, but the demo does show most of the routine other than the get ready and the clean up. If you watch from 30-48 seconds you see all three coins go across and how it will look to the audience. It is definitely filled with a lot of cuts (maybe to imply you are not seeing the whole thing?) but the meat of the routine is there. If you like what you see from 30-48 seconds you will probably like this routine. I know I do. Hope that helps.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks Paul.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On 2012-06-15 22:12, Zombie Magic wrote:
"Sanchez fly uses a common coin gimmick you already have and has been tediously routined to start clean, end clean and instantly reset, making it a true "Real Worker."

"tediously routined..." nice to see some honesty in advertising in this day and age.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Matman
View Profile
Regular user
105 Posts

Profile of Matman
He there,
I am relatively new to coin magic. What is the gimmick that I require? If you don't want to name it outright, maybe list some tricks I could buy that includes the gimmick. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Sanchez Fly by David Gabbay (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL