The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Buy and sell magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gordon russ
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of gordon russ
Is there a place to buy and sell magic on this site?

Thanks Gordon
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3231 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Gordon, You have to have 50 Posts. Then it appears, along with some others.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
You may want to read the rules for the selling area before you reach the required number of post so you are familiar with what is allowed and what is not.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=39&0
Where the magic begins
Kevinh5
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of Kevinh5
Thank you, Dave. that is helpful
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7376 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
I have the impression that the "50 posts" rule is mostly about building trust with other members, by your contributions.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
The 50 post rule has several reasons. Yes it helps to build trust but it also keeps people from joining just to get to the sales forums. It gives us a chance to get to know them. Let's make a deal is provided as a courtesy to valued members and posting just to get there tells a lot about the person.
Where the magic begins
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
Likely that they are of dubious character.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Not necessarily
Where the magic begins
Davit Sicseek
View Profile
Inner circle
1818 Posts

Profile of Davit Sicseek
I get worried when I see someone with only a bit over 50 posts filling up the buy/sell/trade forums. I understand that some people are of good character and maybe short on money - but a lot look like they are straight hustling. Every day they're hustlin. And I often think they are up to no good and could be wrong-uns. Looking now there are several members with under 100 posts with big, long lists of books available for sale. I wonder if they aren't really private sellers at all. I sort of think that there's no smoke without fire, and if it quacks like a duck, it could be that someone's up to no good. If you know what I mean.

Some (pro) tips from Davit:
===========================
I think what is important is that people do their due diligence when making a transaction. If the person is a new member with low quality posts but lots of books take a minute before you part with your cash. If the person makes low quality posts but has lots of books listed - did they even read them? Obviously, check out their posts, see if they have a website in their signature, or see if the paypal email they give you comes up on facebook. Try to always use paypal. Be very suspicious of people that don't accept it. You get good protection using paypal. If you don't receive your package make sure you open a case AND escalate to a claim within 45 days of sending payment.

I hope that helps and stops anyone from getting their fingers burnt.
Send me the truth: davitsicseek@gmail.com
patrickmg
View Profile
New user
South Florida
57 Posts

Profile of patrickmg
On many fora I'm participating, you can only put an item for sale after being a bona fide member for some time (like the number of posts here), however, any member, including new, can read and reply in a for sale topic. The restriction is just to post new topics.

In my view that would make more sense and allow someone to find and buy an item he was looking for without having to be a member. More oportunities for the seller to find a buyer.

On the other hand, the current system is a bankrupcy protection for new members who want to spend all their money on new toys Smile
Dave Scribner
View Profile
Assistant Manager
Lake Hopatcong, NJ
4984 Posts

Profile of Dave Scribner
Quote:
On 2012-11-14 09:16, patrickmg wrote:
On many fora I'm participating, you can only put an item for sale after being a bona fide member for some time (like the number of posts here), however, any member, including new, can read and reply in a for sale topic. The restriction is just to post new topics.

In my view that would make more sense and allow someone to find and buy an item he was looking for without having to be a member. More oportunities for the seller to find a buyer.

On the other hand, the current system is a bankrupcy protection for new members who want to spend all their money on new toys Smile

Let's make a deal is provided as a courtesy for OUR MEMBERS who have contributed to the Café. Making it accessible to anyone would not be fair and would defeat it's purpose.
Where the magic begins
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I want to see the manager! » » Buy and sell magic » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL