The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Flito Flower (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Potty the Pirate
View Profile
Inner circle
4632 Posts

Profile of Potty the Pirate
I have a very strong routine using "Flito Flower", however, it seems Practical Magic in the UK have stock problems with this. I have taken mine apart for repair several times, and can probably make up my own if I really have to. But before I waste hours making up such a simple prop, does anyone know of another source for this great prop? Or, perhaps Jeremy can advise that he will be having more in stock shortly?
Thanks,Doug.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Hmmm, yeah, I need a couple of new ones too.

The pots on them tend to be a bit flimsy and it's pretty easy to replace them for a stronger one. All the feathers are looking scrappy on mine now though.
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
Madhatter Magic in South Carolina USA has Fliter Flowers and they are also available (wholesale) from EZ Robbins.

Posted: Jun 18, 2012 2:03pm
I think I mistook Flito Flower for Future Fungus (which is available from Madhatter and EZ Robbins). An RC blooming bush (perhaps akin to Flito Flower) is at Stevens Magic for $125 US. Also, I know Tora Magic sells a blooming bouquet which has a hand-release lever, which seems to be what is used in the Practical Magic video. Tora products are available through Maxello Magic at a discount through end of June.
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
Flito flower consists of a single reflowering bloom in a pot, a spare flower head and a blooming wand.

I bought my first one at kidology about 7 years ago. I remember visiting friends on the way home who thought I'd wasted my money. It has been in my act ever since.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have made them but probably more than you might want to spend.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7658 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
I have just finished making up two of Deluxe Flight of flowers. You will find a sturdy pot, a lot of durable brass construction, large full blooms, and a large smooth operating wand. I have also added a spring assist on the reblooming. I have two units made up and ready to go.

I have also made up some extra blooming wands that I can sell separately if you wish.

Just write me via regular email and I can send you photos and prices.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
I think Paul Scott used to make them in the UK
Jeremy at practical still sells them £55

Phil
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2014-02-05 07:32, hugmagic wrote:
I have just finished making up two of Deluxe Flight of flowers. You will find a sturdy pot, a lot of durable brass construction, large full blooms, and a large smooth operating wand. I have also added a spring assist on the reblooming. I have two units made up and ready to go.

I have also made up some extra blooming wands that I can sell separately if you wish.

Just write me via regular email and I can send you photos and prices.

Richard

I couldn't resist from the image you sent me. Put me on the mailing list.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
I have meant to add to this but have been so busy lately. I have to wholeheartedly recommend Richard Hughes' Flitto Flower. The quality of the workmanship is superb and the spring assist mechanism is a nice touch. And, best of all, the reactions have been great.

I had asked Richard to make me a Flitto Flower a handful of months ago. Since I am doing mostly kid shows I didn't want to go with just a yellow flower and red center (although I like it as well) and wanted something a little more colorful. I already had Practical Magic's Flitto Flower and always got mileage out of this. But I wanted something with same concept but looking a little different. So I asked Richard to make me a Flitto Flower with colors of the rainbow. I figured, the flower doesn't really look like a real flower so why not push the envelope a little with the color scheme.

Here are some pictures of the Flitto Flower made for me by Richard Hughes (taken with iPhone and may have moved slightly when I took it..... I will see if I take better pictures this weekend):

And Practical Magic's Flitto Flower (which I like but quality is no comparison):

This weekend, I will try to take side to side images for comparison.
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Jeremy Le Poidevin
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Jeremy Le Poidevin
And the price comparison is...?
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Price: When it comes to price, Richard's is going to be higher. The feathers and parts he purchases are higher fees.

Cost: When it comes to cost, Richard's is lower because of the quality. His will last longer. You will have to buy several of the cheaper ones in order to keep up to Richard's because of the durability.

Looks: Richard's look's better to your audiences. That is what audiences like to see more of. His is also made more full so it can be seen further away. You will know you are not losing attention dealing with larger audiences.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Got to be honest but the cheaper one looks better !
The multi coloured one looks a bit of a monstrosity ,!
Phil
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Richard can make yours whatever color you want:
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 14:13, pbj100 wrote:
Phil

I get your point, Phil. LOL. But that's not the standard look to Richard's Flitto Flower version. As I put in my post, I requested he make it that way and I explained why in my post. Most people will not want it like that. I just have fun with it and the kids enjoy it. I also tell a story about that it was my grandmother's and that my grandfather had it made for her because she loved the colors of the rainbow and.............

Dynamike did post a picture of Richard's standard Flitto Flower which he calls Deluxe Flight of Flowers. It's the standard yellow with red center which looks great. Who knows? Maybe I will order one like that from him as well.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Quote:
On 2014-02-07 14:13, pbj100 wrote:
Phil

That's not the standard look to Richard's Flitto Flower version. As I put in my post, I requested he make it that way and I explained why in my post. Most people will not want it like that. I just have fun with it and the kids enjoy it. I also tell a story about that it was my grandmother's and that my grandfather had it made for her because she loved the colors of the rainbow and.............

Dynamike did post a picture of Richard's standard Flitto Flower which he calls Deluxe Flight of Flowers. It's the standard yellow with red center which looks great. Who knows? Maybe I will order one like that from him as well.
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Ok the yellow one looks better and I am sure you are correct about me Hughes quality but at what price difference? What is the cost of these deluxe models?
Phil
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Richard Hughes: hugmagic@raex.com
pbj100
View Profile
Special user
516 Posts

Profile of pbj100
Ok 285 dollars that's about £200 plus postage .
I do not consider it 4 times better . I have also been told that the larger size makes it more difficult to operate .
I am not the best when it comes to taking care of props so I think I would go for 4 of the Practical magic ones .
Phil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Flito Flower (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL