The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rising wand (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magicjg
View Profile
Elite user
474 Posts

Profile of Magicjg
I bought a few hundred rising wands to sell after my show. Curious if anyone knows where I can find directions to print for each wand?
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3283 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Jason;

I am not clear on your question; I think you are saying you want to have printed instructions for the rising wands you are selling.

If that is what you’re asking, I would suggest printing the instructions yourself; you can set the original two across and two down to a sheet of 8.5” X 11” sheet of paper and take it to your local printer; the printer can print and cut the it to size, so if you print 50 sheets and cut it down to size you have 200 instruction sheets; just add the number of sheets needed to equal the amount of wands you purchased.

To understand what I am saying fold a 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper in half and then fold it in half the other way, you will have the end results, a 4.25 X 5.5 sheet

Additional you can print your contact information 4 up on the other side to advertise your show

Ask your printer, he will explain the way the original should look like, or he may charge you to set it up for you
Rodney Palmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1317 Posts

Profile of Rodney Palmer
Howie, he actually needs the Instruction Sheet as for some reason he does not have it. WHY, I do not know.

REMLAP
"Creating Memories That Last A Lifetime"

In order to keep "MAGIC ALIVE" Please become a Mentor to a Young Person.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3283 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Good point REMLAP;

I don’t know why he did not receive the equal amount of instruction sheets; Magicjg has not returned to the thread and replied.

In my opinion if a performer decides to sell or give away a promotional item and the receiver can’t read the instructions to understand how the trick is performed it results in a frustration for the user, the trick not being used and a negative experience that is reflected back to the performer.

I have given away few magic gifts in the past as well; I have found the original instruction sheets that come with the tricks are printed in a very small type face and not very understandable in the translation;

I toss out the instructions that come with the trick and I take the time to rewrite the instructions in a larger easy to read type face and explain the trick so it is more understandable. I then reprint the instructions on higher quality paper adding my advertising and contact information to the backside of the page. I usually am able to get the instructions 4 up on a 8.5 X 11 sheet of paper so if I have 200 tricks to distribute, all I need to copy is 50 sheets of paper and cut it into 4 smaller sheets

The advantages of more understandable instructions printed on better paper and MOST IMPORTANT, having the ability of including my advertising on the instructions results in a superior overall experience for the user and outweigh the time and expenditure of the printing.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
Jason is looking for a licensed artwork, to enclose with the wand when selling them BOR. For example, Eddy Wade sells artwork to package with regular magic wands (I use it with great success!)

I *think* that Matthew James used to sell a licensed artwork product for the 5-in-1 wand (aka rising wand, aka jumping wand, aka ghost wand), along with the product. However, his toolsformagicians.com website is now closed down, and I think that he's no longer in the business of selling info products to other magicians.

Here's a link to an OLD, OUT OF DATE website page, using the "Wayback Machine":

http://web.archive.org/web/2010072315103......nds.html

If it gets stuck, click on the word "Impatient?" in the bottom corner.

Knowing this, you might try tracking down some of Matthew's customers who used this product.

The other alternative was discussed above. Buy some of the wands from various magic dealers, and using their instructions as inspiration, create your own.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7384 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
One more thought I had. Brad Ross demos the jumping wand as a part of a BOR pitch, in the video on this page.

http://www.makemagicmoney.com/sss.html

So, there might be an artwork license as a part of his "Super Success System" (Back of Room Sales Course). You could ask him if it's in there. It looks like that course has some tips about how to best pitch that item.

- Donald
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
3283 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
The copy on the Matthew James website does mention

“No more crappy photocopied instructions that you have to hand out”
dearwiseone
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
1143 Posts

Profile of dearwiseone
Magicjg,
I don't know if you're still in need, but I just released my artwork for the rising/jumping wand. It might be what you're looking for, if you're still in the market.

You can find it on http://www.PrestoMagicProducts.com (it's on sale until Christmas!)

Hope that helps,
Kevin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rising wand (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL