The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Making an elastic hinge (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Could someone explain or give reference to where I can find how to make a hinge using elastic so I can make a trap door in a card? I used to have a gimmik like this but I bought it about 15 years ago and haven't been able to find a replacement. The hinge on mine is worn out so the trap door won't remain shut. I'm no stranger to making precision gimmick cards, but this one secret eludes me.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2896 Posts

Profile of Tom G
Dental dam is used a lot for things like this.
Rick Holcombe
View Profile
Special user
624 Posts

Profile of Rick Holcombe
Use a small square of a latex glove or condom and attach each side with clear tape.
MagicJuggler
View Profile
Inner circle
Anchorage, AK
1161 Posts

Profile of MagicJuggler
Thanks, I'll try that out both and see which material works best for the gaff I'm making.
Matthew Olsen

I heard from a friend that anecdotal evidence is actually quite reliable.
Bardo
View Profile
New user
England
45 Posts

Profile of Bardo
I'm with Rick - Latex glove works well. I use this material when making my own extra strength gimmicked card for David Stone's 'Window' (so they will work when behind thick double glazed windows)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Making an elastic hinge (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL