The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Step Further by Chris Piercy (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi everyone,

Very proud to releasing my new triumph effect "One Step Further" - I've been performing, tweaking and refining this effect over the last year and I'm proud to say it's one of the strongest effects I've created.

Effect
In an apparent display of time-travel on a very small scale the performer not only turns a random card into a spectator’s selection, he also manages to use the time-travel to undo the random face-up/face-down nature of the deck of cards and to top it off the deck is returned to its original deck order.

One Step Further has been extensively audience tested in all sorts of different environments, bars, restaurants, weddings as well as being included in every one of my sets at the famous Illusions Magic Bar in Bristol – so I know it’s a worker, because I’m a worker!

I'm offering three copies of the ebook up for reviews to posted on this thread.
If you are interested in purchasing it from me then please send your name and £4.99 to the_hut_is_full@hotmail.com and the 13 Page, 3,500 word PDF will be e-mailed across to you.

Hope you guys enjoy it - PM me if you'd like a review copy.
Chris
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
I should point out that this is my own take on Jay Sankey's brilliant Back in Time effect with my own subtleties added and obviously the massive kicker at the end.

Jay has given his consent for me to release the effect.
EldonFowler
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of EldonFowler
I've seen Chris do this live, and now I've read the pdf so here's a review.

Chris has taken Jay Sankey's triumph "Back in Time" and added the kicker of reset to full new deck order. It is simple as that. The idea of going back to new deck order is not orginal but this time it is easy to do, and also requires no table which are two great bonuses.

The routine allows for flexibility in multiple parts to make it your own. Also, the reset to new deck order can be done covertly, for example; not showing the faces beforehand, doing the routine and then going into an OOTW.

It is easy to do, as Chris says "if you can do Back In Time you can
do One Step Further". Also, a sleights section is included in addition to references to other great sources. Any possible issues are covered well, to ensure a smooth performance.

The pdf is well written and includes pictures to clarify the positions you should be in at different parts of the trick.

Overall, it's a great addition to the triumph and back in time plots. Try it for yourself.
It's a worker!
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
7025 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Chris sent me the PDF and I really like it a lot! I love Sankey's Back In Time and this is a really nice addition to the routine. Very well thought out. A
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
KyleMacNeill
View Profile
Inner circle
2757 Posts

Profile of KyleMacNeill
I really, really like this as well!
I will definitely perform this,a great opener that isn't too hard to do and truly looks magical.
Resets as well, if you wish to perform it to another crowd.
All for only £5 - give it a go!

Kyle
Doctor REvil
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of Doctor REvil
This is a very practical handling for triumph as well a commercial approach to this classic, the handling is well within the reach of the avarage performer and will be an added bonus to a working pro..

well done Chris.

David.
Karma means you buy now & pay later.....think I've over spent....!

Check out my ebooks at the lybrary.....

http://www.lybrary.com/david-gemmell-m-13404.html
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Back in Time is one of my favorite tricks of the last 25 years and one I still do at every show. This sounds like a nice addition.
Christopher Congreave
View Profile
Veteran user
U.K
377 Posts

Profile of Christopher Congreave
Agreed, this is a really well thought out, commercial, hard hitting routine, I'd also add that Chris has done a great job with the PDF, well written and really clear photos.

Well done Chris.
MagicOfT
View Profile
Regular user
NYC
141 Posts

Profile of MagicOfT
One Step Further is a perfect title for this wonderful effect. The bare bones of what you are getting is essentially one more kicker to the "Back in Time" effect created by Sankey. However not only does he teach his additions, but also provides you with his presentation, explanation of well known sleights along with other thoughts he has on the effect. Overall I am thoroughly pleased with this product, for the price it is an absolute steal. Now the effect was not difficult for me to pick up considering I have been doing Sankey's original version for several years but even for the average hobbyist the effect shouldn't be hard to perform.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Chris showed me this didn't see the kicker coming well done this has taken back in time to the next level this is now my Favorited versions of this plot.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4747 Posts

Profile of emyers99
How much is it in US dollars?
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Hi Eric,

By http://www.xe.com it works out to be $7.75.

Best regards,
Chris
GeneTony
View Profile
Special user
509 Posts

Profile of GeneTony
I just ordered - seems PayPal's conversion is slightly higher: $7.97
Some think Houdini used trap doors in his act, but he was just going through a stage.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
I've been made an offer I can't refuse regarding this trick so it will be on sale until tomorrow morning - no specific times but anyone who has paid for it by the time I wake up tomorrow will get a copy after that it will no longer be on sale.

Payment to be made as a personal payment on paypal to the_hut_is_full@hotmail.com in the sum of £4.99 (or equivalent in your own currency)

Thank you all so much for all the truly amazing comments you've been putting on regarding this routine - it seems to be going down very well with you all.

Kind regards,
Chris
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
617 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
Well done cris cant wait to see your other idears
John Carey
View Profile
V.I.P.
1057 Posts

Profile of John Carey
This is a very nicely thought out sequence with a super strong finish. Well done Chris

All the best

John
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of rowland
Just ordered mine, love the idea of the kicker
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
Right!
STOP SENDING ME MONEY

Thanks to everyone who has bought it.
This is no longer for sale, sorry if you missed out on it - more news on this effect will be available soon.
Chris Piercy
View Profile
Special user
Dorset, England
932 Posts

Profile of Chris Piercy
If anyone wants to learn this routine then it can be found in the December 2012 issue of Magic Magazine.
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
3017 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
I showed this to some of the guys at Dean Dill's shop and they were truly impressed by the principle used here. It's brilliant.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » One Step Further by Chris Piercy (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL