The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chair Suspension (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
Hello
Today I bought a used chair suspension without a description. So can anybody here give me some advices???
And I'am not clear about if I can use it also with adults because the Gimmick is about 1 meter long. So is this normal or must it be longer for adults ???

Please help me.

Thanks
markus
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1814 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Can you describe the chairs? Are they plastic & metal Samsonite chairs? If I know which type of chairs it uses, I can probably determine who manufactured it.

There are two manufacturers in the US making chair suspensions from the Samonsonite folding chairs: Jim Sommers and Mak Magic. Neither of those chair suspensions are good for adults. They are much better suited for children.

Here's a link to another thread so you can see what they said about some of the chair suspensions available: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......7&11

Michael
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
It is not a chair suspension from the USA because I live in Germany and so I bought it in Germany. The chairs look like regular chairs made out of steal.
Say look simular to garden chairs like you have in Germany in the restaurants.

Thanks markus
WolfgangWollet
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of WolfgangWollet
Hello Markus,
in germany there are currently the chair cuspensions are built stronger than here in the USA. Most of the chair are welded steel. The main manufacturerers are Hummel, Puchinger and Future.
I am not sure which model you bought so would not want to speculate on admissible weight. At least two of the mentioned manufacturers claim a weight of a max. of 70-80kg.
The gimmick in all the versions is only about a meter long. Let the person sit about on the middle of the gimmick and when she lays down make sure her head points to the side where the gimmick is attached to the backrest of the chair. It usually makes sense to carefully select the volunteer. You do not want an overly tall or big person.
I prfered to pick a older child, only when none was present I would choose a smaller adult.
magic-markus
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of magic-markus
I asked and I'am very sure that the complete illusion I bought is self made by a metalworker. Also I heard that the gimmick is most of the time 1 meter. Thanks a lot to all who helped me so far. I think I only want to use children.

Markus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Chair Suspension (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL