The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Double Dribble - Appearing Basketballs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
I recently bought one basketball used for the Appearing Basketballs from briefcase affect created by Stephen Knowles over 10 years ago, only to quickly discover that the affect actually allows you to produce 2 basketballs. So now I'm trying to find anyone that by chance has 1 or ideally 2 matching balls sitting on a shelf not being used that they might consider selling to me. Otherwise, I guess I'll just have to resort to pulling a rubber chicken, soda bottle, 8 foot pole and one basketball out the case and call it a day!
Peter Pitchford
View Profile
Elite user
Philly
423 Posts

Profile of Peter Pitchford
I'm sorry I don't have one. But it did give me an idea. Not sure how to work this all out, but it would be cool to produce a basketball then a pole then a backboard and rim.

I know it's not what you asked for. I will keep an ear to the ground in case I come across one, though.
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
I've reached out to the 3 creators of this routine. One never responded back, another replied back that he only has his personal balls (uh, that didn't sound right!), and the 3rd is now a successful Pediatrician that has been nice enough to offer attempting to get the equipment so that he can produce the props for me. I haven't heard back from him in over a week, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I was just hoping that someone out there on the forum might still have these balls sitting on their shelf and be willing to sell them to me, since the creator told me that they distributed over 4000 balls 11 years ago!

Over 4000 balls... wow, I need to come up with a phenomenal magic idea real soon so I can retire since it's probably too late for me to become a doctor. I'll bet if I could find a way to legally make spouses disappear, I'd make a fortune! Just kidding, but funny that I would say this on my seventh anniversary. Smile
gmsmagic1
View Profile
Elite user
405 Posts

Profile of gmsmagic1
One magician reached out to me and offered to help me out with 1 used ball. It was certainly appreciated. But in the interim, I heard back from Dr. Clifford James, one of the original creators of this magic gem over a decade ago. He actually went out of his way to find the supplies, recontacted me today, and offered to create the props for me and ship them to me at cost. What a super nice guy! He far exceeded my expectations to say the least. It's no surprise to me that he's now a very successful pediatrician helping children in Tennessee. And here you have it... proof that magic can spread beyond the stage when it comes from the heart!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Double Dribble - Appearing Basketballs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL